SAP Insights Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter is dedicated to SAP content. We provide commentary, insights and points of view from Protiviti subject-matter experts as well as third parties on key technology challenges companies are facing as well as new and emerging developments from our research projects.
- Finance Transformation
- Data Management & Analytics
- Security, GRC and Controls Design
Finance Transformation Practice Overview
- Phase 0 Assessment for S/4HANA and CFIN
- S/4HANA Implementation Services: Effectively Execute this Mission Critical Initiative
- S/4HANA Implementation: Strengthening Business Responsibilities with Support Services
- SAP Fiori Enablement Framework: Increasing User Adoption of SAP S/4HANA
- Establish a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Operating Model with SAP iRPA
- SAP Analytics Cloud with xP&A Accelerator: An FP&A Quick Start
- Watch Our xP&A Accelerator Video: SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning
Client stories & thought leadership
- How SAP Customers Responded to Protiviti’s Finance Trends Survey
- Central Finance and Improving the Financial Close Research Report
- Enabling Finance Process Digitalization with SAP Central Finance
- Get More Value from Your SAP Central Finance System
- The Journey to SAP S/4HANA - An Overview of Key Changes and Associated Risks
- Phase Zero of the SAP S/4HANA Journey
- Phase 4 of the SAP S/4HANA Journey Prepare and Modernize
- Leveraging Intelligent Technologies in the Intelligent Enterprise
Data Management & Analytics
Data Management Practice Overview
- SAP Cloud Enablement: A Road Map to Analytics in the Cloud
- Build a HANA Analytics Foundation with InsightViews
- Watch InsightViews Video: An Analytics Quick Start for SAP
- Process Mining: Take the Guesswork out of Your Process Analytics
- Create an SAP Analytics COE
- BusinessObjects Upgrades: Fixed Price Options, Add-Ons Available
- Maximize Your Resources with Reporting as a Service
- Migrating Your Explorer and Dashboards to SAC Before Flash Support Ends
Client stories & thought leadership
- Breakthru Beverage Group Reaches New Horizon on Journey to Become a Fully Integrated, Data-Driven Business
- National Vision Enhances SAP Business Planning and Consolidation with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Data Analytics Solution Helps Pharmaceutical Giant Focus on Improving Clinical Trials and Saving Lives
- Passion Makes Purr-fect: Pet Food Manufacturer Expands Product Offerings, Market and Sales Channels
- National Vision Goes 20/20 with Next-Level Enterprise Data Solution
- Revolutionizing Cancer Treatment with Healthy Data Solutions
- Going Digital? Make Data Strategy a Priority
Security, GRC and Controls Design
Security and GRC Optimization Practice Overview
Controls Design and Automation Practice Overview
- GRC Upgrade Services
- Data Security & Privacy with BigID
- Enabling a Successful Transformation with Project Risk Management
- Simplify and Automate Access Governance
Client stories & thought leadership
- Coffee Break with SAP GameChangers Podcast: Cyber Resilience & Control Automation for Finance
- Managing Risk Along Your SAP S/4HANA Journey
- Moving to SAP S/4HANA? Don't Leave GRC Behind
- Designing SAP Application Security
- SAP Access Management Governance
- Opportunities and Risks of SAP Workloads in the Cloud?
We feature several different blog sites, from The Protiviti View offering corporate insight on market trends to our Technology Insights providing thoughts on overall technology developments to our SAP Insights offering specific thoughts around SAP solutions and technologies. We invite you to review and subscribe to any or all of these valuable resources.
SAP Insights - Perspectives from our experts on SAP solutions and technologies
Technology Consulting Insights - Perspectives from our experts on technology trends and risks
The Protiviti View - Perspectives from our experts on market trends, business developments and risks
Events and Webinars
SAP BusinessObjects is a well-established, on premises enterprise business intelligence system. The systems have commonly been installed and configured within an organization’s own data center, with the responsibility of server maintenance falling on the organization itself. SAP has introduced the SAP BusinessObjects Private Cloud Edition (PCE) initiative, which shifts this responsibility to SAP, thereby allowing the organization to dedicate resources to other projects. This shift also provides the organization with the ability to maintain a modern and secure environment within which they can derive better insights.
In this session, we will introduce the SAP BusinessObjects PCE initiative and describe:
- How to get started with SAP BusinessObjects PCE.
- The benefits of the system, including enhanced performance and increased profitability.
- How to use the SAP BusinessObjects PCE system for optimal results, enhancing performance and profitability.
Please note this webinar does not offer CPE credit.
Leveraging SAP Analytics Cloud for planning
As the global economy faces disruption, it’s become critical for organizations to prioritize planning to unlock agile and strategic decision making. But what are the tools you need to keep up with volatile markets and gain competitive advantage?
Join this interactive and hands-on workshop to learn how leveraging SAP Analytics Cloud across your organization can help you achieve this. You will:
- Discover how enterprise planning can help companies win and compete in the current climate
- Hear customer stories and best practices to leverage in your organization
- Experience hands-on-keys exercises on SAP Analytics Cloud for planning, allowing users to learn how to edit budgets, drivers, scenarios, forecasts, and actuals in a live session with experts
New business process requirements, rising costs and increasing amounts of data can make it a challenge to run and protect business-critical SAP functions. Cloud deployment of SAP solutions provides a fast, scalable and repeatable process for implementing full SAP stacks in the cloud. Microsoft Azure provides the trusted path to enterprise-ready innovation — bringing the intelligence, security and reliability of Azure to your SAP applications.
During this webinar, our SAP on Azure experts will discuss how migrating SAP workloads to Azure can support your business-critical needs and will also cover:
- How SAP on Azure helps increase performance, agility and availability of your SAP applications.
- What’s new with SAP on Azure
- Customer Highlight: See how SAP on Azure positively impacted a hospitality organization’s business
As the future of planning becomes more cloud-focused, businesses like yours are faced with options. You can hold onto your on-premise solution and its familiar functionalities, re-invest with the Cloud and all its innovations, or take a step-by-step approach and explore a hybrid strategy that allows you to transition to the Cloud at your own pace.
Join us with National Vision and trusted SAP Partner, Protiviti, in this webinar series to learn how to leverage Cloud capabilities and your existing investments in processes and historical plan data. In this webinar, you will gain insight into how National Vision extended their financial planning to the Cloud and benefited from:
- More efficient planning processes across the enterprise
- Shorter planning cycles to prioritize other planning processes
- Reduced silos to improve collaborative enterprise planning at all levels
- Granular analysis capabilities and deeper financial and operational insights
Want to empower your business users with agile analytics on the SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud solutions? Join SAP and Protiviti for a one-hour workshop featuring best practices, use cases, and demos, all designed to help your company lead with a modern financial platform that’s focused on these two solutions.
During the session, we’ll demonstrate how to facilitate collaborative enterprise planning and analytics across both finance and operations, and you’ll hear SAP customer Stericycle share how they’re accelerating the analysis of both SAP and non-SAP data using SAP Data Warehouse Cloud. In addition, Blue Buffalo will discuss how they’re changing the way their business units conduct ongoing planning using the latest data from customers and internal operations.
Protiviti is proud to co-host with Fastpath a virtual session on "Effectively Managing Enterprise Risk in Today's Connected Technology Ecosystem".
In today’s world of interconnected business applications, succeeding at managing and controlling enterprise security is a must. Although past approaches for managing risk around access and segregation of duties are still relevant, evolutions in robotic process automation, data privacy, cybersecurity, and shadow IT require a different focus than general IT control reviews. A strong enterprise security program takes a holistic approach to mitigating risk by considering how technology, people, and processes can work together to address threats both inside and outside of your business. So, how can you instill confidence in your executive team that the enterprise security controls developed will be effective?
Join this webinar and learn how to:
- Apply the people+process+technology equation to create a strong framework for your enterprise security strategy.
- Convince leadership that the security framework you are proposing will be effective.
- Empower employees to take control of enterprise security with more awareness of threats and methods that all users can follow to mitigate risk.