As a trusted advisor, Protiviti helps companies with all stages of IPO readiness.
Preparing to become a public company is time-consuming and complex.
As the market continues to change with the current events, companies contemplating an IPO would be wise to prepare for windows of opportunity. Readiness is everything for such a game-changing endeavor, and to optimize chances of success, companies must assess the long-term timeline and be primed to move when circumstances are right.
Protiviti’s IPO readiness services help companies of all sizes during every step of the process. After the IPO, we’re here to ensure your company maintains success.
Our IPO Readiness Services
How We Help
Preparing to be a public company is time-consuming and complex. Much of that complexity is due to the numerous legal and technical requirements that must be addressed prior to an IPO. But a substantial—and often overlooked—aspect of IPO Readiness involves transforming organizational functions and processes in many ways. Readiness cannot be achieved at a moment’s notice.
Once public, post-IPO companies will need to continue transform critical business functions because there is a different set of requirements and expectations for public companies.
Protiviti experts can help you focus on maintaining sound financial reporting, corporate governance and other public company obligations, such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance reporting and the adoption of new accounting standards for revenue recognition and leasing.
Protiviti provides IPO Readiness and public company transformation services for leading companies worldwide. As a trusted advisor, we assist management with all stages of an initial public offering (IPO). This includes:
- The Public Company Transformation Assessment
- pre-IPO activities
- Forming a sustainable and ongoing compliance function that fully meets the company’s regulatory requirements
- Establishing a sustainable infrastructure to support anticipated growth and the ongoing reporting and compliance requirements of a public company.
- Creating and implementing Human Capital Reporting to adhere to recent SEC requirements
- Implementing ESG processes and controls.
Understand the application of all relevant accounting principles
Public Company Transformation Assessment
Protiviti's Public Company Transformation Assessment helps companies develop a roadmap and determine the appropriate infrastructure necessary to manage and mitigate risks. Our approach covers six key objectives. A structured plan will help answer key questions asked by Executive Management and the Board.
- Accurate Financial Reporting & Effective Forecasting: The financial reporting requirements demand precision and skill. Protiviti IPO Readiness experts help companies understand the application of all relevant accounting principles and ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Efficient Financial Close: To join the ranks of the publicly held, private organizations should be prepared for heavy regulations. Our IPO Readiness team will help management prepare for an efficient financial close process.
- Appropriate Corporate Governance and SOX Compliance: More than just “check the box” exercises – Protiviti helps companies create corporate governance programs and the internal audit department that are properly structured and aligned to the overall business objectives.
- Organizational Capabilities: Our IPO Readiness practice assist companies of all sizes will to develop the proper capabilities, review key functions and skills needed to facilitate anticipated sustainable and scalable growth.
- Scalable IT Environment: Pre-IPO companies frequently report their IT departments are a major area of focus. We provide guidance and advice to management on IT strategies, risks, staffing and ERP systems.
- Effective Registration Statement Process: One of the most daunting tasks of going public is the registration process. Companies that attempt to add an IPO project to existing functions run the risk of delays in task completion and issue resolution once "the clock has started" on registration. We ensure that the process is effectively managed by a PMO and the distraction and disruption to the business is minimized.
Chris is a Managing Director in New York, leads Protiviti's global Finance Transformation and Transaction Services solutions, oversees Protiviti’s Supply Chain, Operations, People and Change practices, and serves on our global ESG steering committee. He is the firm-wide ...
What are the critical tasks companies should consider when preparing for IPO?
Managing Director and Global Lead for Protiviti IPO Readiness services discuss the critical tasks all companies must consider when preparing to go public.