On March 13, 2020, President Trump declared the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic a national emergency, enabling CMS to waive certain requirements and provide regulatory relief for providers. In this webinar, we will discuss and provide examples on how to best support the services your organization is providing under the 1135 Waivers. Following this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe telehealth, HIPAA and Stark 1135 waivers & documentation strategies
- Discuss telehealth coding and reimbursement
- Apply communication, tracking, documentation and monitoring tactics to address Section 1135 waivers and temporary protocols during and post-pandemic recovery
1 CPE credit available for live attendees only.
No prerequisites required. Level: Basic. Field of study: Information Technology. Instruction delivery method: Group Internet Based. Elements of Engagement: Polling Questions.
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. For more information regarding refund, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact the CPE Administrator at [email protected].
Original Webinar Details:
Date: 1st May 2020
Duration: 1 hour
- Richard Williams, Managing Director, Protiviti: Richard is a founding member and Protiviti’s Global Healthcare Practice Leader. He has extensive experience providing operational, financial, and regulatory consulting and internal audit services to the healthcare industry. In addition to leading numerous business performance improvement and risk management initiatives, Richard has experience serving in roles such as Chief Audit Executive and Chief Compliance Officer for large integrated healthcare delivery systems. Prior to joining Protiviti, Richard was a Project Manager at Arthur Andersen and provided internal audit and business and technology risk consulting services to healthcare clients. Richard is a frequent speaker on internal audit, compliance, and revenue improvement initiatives.
- Vickie Patterson, Director, Protiviti: Vickie is a Director in Protiviti’s Tampa office with over thirty years experience in internal audit, business operations, and information technology, specifically in the healthcare industry. Vickie is also Protiviti’s South East Region Lead for healthcare. She has experience in the areas of compliance reviews, investigations, risk assessment, day-to-day program management, revenue cycle (including billing, collections, denials and claims review), comprehensive operational reviews, information systems strategic planning and assessments, and systems analysis and implementation projects.
- Rebecca Nilson, Director, Protiviti: Rebecca is a Director in IAFA with a focus in Healthcare. Shecurrently lives inFranklin, TN (Nashville)and is working to establish a Protivitipresence in Tennessee. She hasover twenty years experienceininternal audit, Enterprise Risk Management, Sarbanes Oxley, financial analysis and operational assessment, specifically in the healthcare and real estate industries. Rebecca is also Protiviti's Healthcare lead for Enterprise Risk Management.
- Stephanie Rodetis, Associate Director, Protiviti: Stephanie Rodetis is an Associate Director in Protiviti's Risk and Compliance practice. Stephanie has over 15 years’ experience in the clinical care setting and providing healthcare related advisory services. She is experienced with leveraging regulatory frameworks, applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance to assist clients with assessing and developing corporate compliance and privacy programs in order to manage compliance risks and comply with federal and state laws, both proactively and reactively.
- Bryan Beaudion, Senior Manager, Protiviti: Bryan possesses nine years of healthcare strategy and consulting experience. Bryan specializes in health information management, project management, healthcare revenue cycle management, healthcare data analytics, and healthcare risk management. Bryan also has extensive experience in leading medical record audits across a wide variety of provider types.
- Amanda Ray, Consultant, Protiviti: As a Consultant within Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance Practice, Amanda assist’s healthcare clients with a range of compliance, risk, and regulatory matters. She holds a Bachelors of Arts in Health Policy Studies from the University of Michigan-Dearborn and a Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law. Her key areas of focus include licensure, accreditation, Medicare Certification and billing requirements and reimbursement.