Jeff is a Director within Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance practice. He has worked primarily on Internal Audit, Credit Risk, and Regulatory Risk engagements. Jeff’s client experience includes large, internationally active financial institutions, where he has planned and led audit, analysis, and consulting services. Jeff provides experience with commercial and consumer lending, operational risk reviews, risk identification and assessment, AML and BSA compliance, and enterprise risk assessments.
- Internal Audit
- Planned and led numerous audits and regulatory compliance validation projects within the Mortgage Banking function of a leading international bank to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance. Conducted reviews within various loan servicing and default lines of business of the bank.
- Performed multiple reviews of the commercial lending and mortgage functions for a $250bn global financial services firm. Audit focused on commercial/consumer lending, treasury derivatives trading, and credit residuals reviews.
- Planned and executed internal audits for a specialty finance company. Scope of audits covered retail, mortgage, and agricultural lending-including appraisals, residential real estate, credit underwriting, and regional office process reviews.
- Regulatory Compliance Validation – Engaged by a Top 5 U.S. Financial Institution to lead a work stream tasked to validate global AML compliance with two BSA/AML Consent Orders, issued by the OCC and the Federal Reserve Bank. Work included validation of tasks which, in conglomerate, made up the Action Plans required by the Consent Orders. Action plans validated covered analysis of management and accountability, implementation of new systems for transaction monitoring, and risk assessments, among others.
- Strategy Development – Assisted in the strategic redesign of the retail credit audit plan for a top 10 North American bank. Scope of work was to prioritize remaining audit plan hours to ensure coverage of heightened risk processes and regulatory compliance within the retail environment. The project prompted efficiencies within the audit execution process that resulted in a better utilization of audit hours, established a framework for audit planning going forward and enhanced audit coverage annually for the client.
- Process Assessment – Managed a multiple work stream assessment of the retail lending control environment for a top 10 U.S. bank. The team mapped the process control environment and enhanced compliance oversight concerning credit policy and regulations. Activities included facilitating interviews, creating process flows, documenting controls and test plans, identifying control gaps, as well as recommending processes and controls to close gaps and reduce redundancies in the control environment.
- Lender Due Diligence – Managed multiple due diligence reviews on behalf of investors as part of securitization transactions across asset types, including trade receivables, credit cards, commercial loans, consumer loans, and leases. Securitization transaction reviews included the structuring of new facilities and review of existing facilities.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Regulatory Risk
- Credit Risk
- Loan Review
- Consumer Compliance
- Due Diligence
- Financial Services
- B.A. – Economics, Vanderbilt University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Member, The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners