Getting to Yes - Planning Compelling Presentations
Are you interested in implementing or expanding your department’s use of new technology? How do you present this to management, especially when you are not the decision-maker? How do you persuade reluctant peers? Effective auditors are able to communicate with tact, conviction and clarity. But what do you need to do when dealing with a particularly challenging audience, e.g., penny-pinchers, people-pleasers, competitive people or skeptics?
During this informative and engaging session, Ann M. Butera, CRP and President of The Whole Person Project, Inc., will describe ways to leverage time-tested strategies to hone your ability to deliver clear, compelling messages like a pro.
After this webinar, you will be able to:
- Profile penny-pinchers, people-pleasers, competitors and skeptics during in-person and telephone meetings
- Use a six-step model for planning compelling presentations for them
- Communicate your suggestions in a way that increases each type’s willingness to take action
- Conduct effective meetings with them that achieve results
- Respond to each type’s questions – particularly the unexpected ones.
Ann M. Butera, MBA, CRP
The Whole Person Project, Inc.
Ann M. Butera, MBA, CRP, President of The Whole Person Project, Inc., an organizational development consulting and training firm, is a frequent conference speaker, and served as audit committee chair for a financial services firm. She welcomes your reactions and questions concerning this webinar.
Ann published her first book, "Mastering the Five Tiers of Audit Competency: The Essence of Effective Auditing" in May 2016. She shares best practices for every stage of the audit and explains how and why the most effective auditors master five essential competencies. New and seasoned auditors will benefit from her insight culled from over 30 years’ experience in training thousands of their peers.
CPE Credit Offered: 1