IIA Palm Beach County Chapter Event: Information Technology Basics for Auditors
Protiviti is proud to have Nick Spinks, Melissa Deluca, Corey Murphey, and Angie Quigley presenting Information Technology Basics for Internal Auditors to the Palm Beach County IIA chapter on October 28, 2020.
The Institute of Internal Auditors, or the IIA, requires that Internal Auditors have knowledge of key technology risks and controls, as well as technology-based audit techniques to perform assigned work. At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify what integrated auditing is and its benefits
- Identify why process and IT audit skills need to be integrated
- Identify the IIA Standards that address IT audit
- Identify the IT risk categories Identify the IT environment layers
- Identify the various IT control frameworks
- Terminology and focus Identify the three components of the IT process and controls framework.