Shelley Metz-Galloway is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Metro D.C. Office. She has more than 25 years in the financial services industry. Shelley offers expertise in consumer regulatory compliance, enforcement action response and remediation, compliance, fair lending and UDAAP risk assessments as well as compliance management system program development, business performance and risk analytics, strategic planning, and process reengineering.
Shelley has served as the Regulatory Compliance and Fair Lending Practice lead of a nationally recognized consulting firm, the technology development lead of a TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule software application and Vice President/Enterprise lead for HMDA, CRA and GSE relations of a top 10 financial institution.
Shelley specializes in advising clients on all aspects of consumer regulatory compliance across the financial services sector for large and mid-sized banks, Fintechs, mortgage originators and servicers, as well as for credit card, student, and auto lending entities.
- Engagement Managing Director for two multi-year Independent Assessments for the FTC
- Engagement Managing Director for a multi-year Escrow Servicing review mandated by 30 State Attorney's General for one of the largest mortgage servicing companies in the US.
- Served as the lead engagement Managing Director for one of the nation's largest mortgage lenders subject to a public CFPB enforcement action. In this context, Shelley conducted a comprehensive review of the client's loss mitigation policy and procedures, redesigned the clients risk management program, conducted loan level file compliance reviews and prepared the enforcement action response ultimately leading to a $50 million reduction in the proposed civil money penalty;
- Executive sponsor and technology lead responsible for designing and developing a TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule software application capable of confirming compliance with the CFPB’s TRID rule. Application validated through the testing of more than 100,000 loans;
- Lead Managing Director for a multi-year CFPB mandated loan-level compliance testing engagement for a top 5 mortgage loan originator operating under a national monitor;
- Managing Directed responsible for fair lending and fair lending model validation services for large and mid-sized banks. Review and assessment of underwriting and pricing models for retail and commercial credit with full assessment of fair lending risk and model validity in accordance with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the bank’s Model Governance Team Requirements;
- Engagement lead for multi-year project requiring AML/BSA testing and validation for a mid-sized bank under 6 enforcement actions;
- Lead Managing Director for CRA performance reviews for large and mid-sized banks. Employed disparate treatment analytics, and advised clients on the development of strategies and tactics required for performance improvement; and
- Technology lead for the development and implementation of Fair Lending and UDAAP Risk Assessment tools used by several large and mid-sized banks for presentation to the CFPB and their prudential regulators
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Compliance Risk
- Operational Risk
- Technology Design and Implementation
- Fair Lending Analytics
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices;
- CFPB’s Mortgage Rules
- Financial Services
- M.B.A. Finance, University of Michigan
- B.A. Political Science, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certificate: Leadership and Negotiations, Georgetown University
- ABA, MBA and CBA Member
- Member: Women in Housing Finance