Shawn is a Managing Director leading the Finance and Performance Management segment. He assists clients globally in business and system transformations to address growth, scalability of systems, challenges and process effectiveness.
Shawn is a leader within the Operational and Financial Transformation area assisting global companies in business and system finance transformations necessary to address growth, scalability of systems and reporting challenges. Shawn’s experience includes 10 years of Big Four consulting experience.
- Designed and managed to “lift and shift” accounting organizations from legacy ownership to new owners and target operating models. This involved designing the org structure, processes, and supporting technology for the General Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Led Finance Shared Services Organizational Redesign assistance which included the development of future state roles and responsibilities for all Finance Shared Services functions. This included working closely with the management team to facilitate the completion of a detailed activity analysis for all Shared Services tasks including the time required to perform the task as well as categorization of close activities.
- Assist clients in managing and understanding the business impacts of many ERP implementations. In addition to identifying the key implementation and process risks across departments, established PMO assistance and help with defining their existing process and documenting the future state under the new system.
- Assisted a company in developing a sustainable process for SEC reporting. The company only had a high-level plan in place to achieve this objective. The project was focused on assisting the company with SEC filings including the initial registration statement and subsequent filings (10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.). In addition, the project also assessed the SEC filings’ challenges and develop a sustainable process for such filings.
- Designed and implemented a streamlined and standardized process for both back-office and front-office operations of a national brokerage firm that had recently made a series of acquisitions. Client expressed a desire to standardize processes across all acquisitions, which were operating on different platforms and had a heavy reliance on manual processes and outdated systems.
- Finance Operating Model Roadmap and Design – Upon the merger of two Fortune 500 Fintech’s, worked alongside the client’s Senior Leadership and their teams to co-develop a Strategy and Roadmap to develop the Target State Finance Operating Model. Initiatives include Data Lakes, Analytics, System strategy, and Intelligent Automation (RPA/ AI/ ML) implementations.
- Documented many processes and controls for a finance function and operating risks of a large international organizations. In addition, packaged process and control documents in an organized manner which could be utilized by management for internal, external, and state audit purposes.
Areas of Expertise:
Proficient in Finance and back-office operations, systems solutions, financial reporting requirements, general ledger systems and various other Finance topics. Lead many large reporting transformation initiatives focused on establishing and improving GAAP, MD&A and Statutory Reporting processes.
He is also one of the lead Managing Director in the areas Property & Casualty, Life Reinsurance and Broker Insurance operations, risk management and controls and understands insurance rules and regulations, processes and risks.
DeSales University Bachelor of Arts in Finance and Accounting - Center Valley, PA