Sharon is a Managing Director with over 30 years experience in providing audit and risk consulting services to companies primarily in the manufacturing industry. She leads Protiviti’s global Manufacturing and Distribution Industry team, supporting the pharma/life sciences, industrial manufacturing, automotive, materials/chemicals, and distribution/logistics sectors. Sharon is IIA accredited in Quality Assurance.
Principal Areas of Practise
- Internal Audit, including infrastructure development, risk assessment and audit plan development, project execution, resource planning/augmentation and reporting to senior management and audit committee, as well as quality assurance and best practise reviews.
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance, from consulting to turn-key solutions, including project management, scoping, documentation, testing and reporting to senior management/audit committee.
- Enterprise Risk Management, focused on the identification, prioritisation, management and monitoring of a company’s key risks (strategic, operational, and financial).
- Automotive Manufacturing Company: Responsible for co-sourced internal audit services to a global Fortune 10 manufacturing company, as well as IT SOX project management and compliance testing, SAP special projects and ERM programme development.
- Industrial Manufacturing Company: Started up SOX and IA function for newly public Fortune 1000 company, including initial SOX scoping and documentation, as well as internal audit risk assessment and infrastructure development.
- Consumer Products Manufacturing Company: Started up IA function for new public company, including driving Year 1 SOX compliance programme from infrastructure development and scoping to documentation/testing of entity-level, process-level and IT-related controls.
- Coal Mining Company: Partnered directly with IA Director to develop function for newly public Fortune 1000 company, including facilitation of an enterprise risk assessment session, as well as development of SOX programme for Year 1 (and beyond) compliance.
- Quality Assessment Reviews: For various sized entities’ internal audit functions, assessed compliance with IIA standards, as well as provided Leading Practises in risk assessment, audit plan development, project planning/execution, audit reports and senior management/audit committee reporting.
Various presentations on risk and Internal Audit hot topics at AC Chair Roundtables, CAE Roundtables, IIA and FEI chapter meetings, MISTI CAE Masters programme, and other industry seminars:
- “Risk Management and Risk Assessment”
- “Leading Internal Audit Trends”
- “Key Components of a Great Audit Committee Relationship”
- “Results of PCAOB Inspection Reports and the Impact on SOX/IA Programmes”
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Enterprise Risk Management
- CF Industries
- General Motors
- TreeHouse Foods
- Universal Forest Products
- BBA, Accounting, Sam Houston State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- IIA QA Accredited
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Executives Club of Chicago
- Leadership Greater Chicago Fellow
- Umoja Student Development Board Member