Scot is a Managing Director in our San Francisco office and focuses on helping companies assess, understand and mitigate their most important risks to drive key business improvements. He is a member of our Internal Audit and Financial Advisory services practice w hich helps Fortune 1000 technology, media and entertainment companies optimize their governance, risk and compliance activities. Prior to joining Protiviti, Scot was a risk advisory services partner at Ernst & Young. Client responsibilities include executing first year SOX compliance efforts as well as helping companies re-engineer their second year, and beyond SOX compliance efforts. Scot also is responsible for developing annual risk assessments, executing global internal audit plans and consulting with CFOs, executive management teams and audit committees.
Scot has also served as an assistant controller, controller and chief accounting officer for a large public company and a privately-held enterprise. Scot uses his consulting expertise and private industry experience to bring a balanced and practical approach to helping his client identify, assess and solve important business challenges.
- Led the global optimization of a Fortune 250 media and entertainment company’s SOX compliance program which reduced global SOX costs by $1.5 million.
- Optimized year two SOX compliance efforts for several cloud-based technology companies, resulting in significant compliance cost reductions and reduced level of effort for company personnel.
- Led the execution of several first year SOX compliance engagements for Fortune 1000 and emerging growth high-technology companies.
- Engagement lead for dozens of company wide business process risk assessments focused on identifying, prioritizing and executing mitigation plans related to strategic, operational, financial and compliance risks for middle-market and Fortune 500 companies.
- Worked closely with finance, sales and marketing, legal and operations to identify and mitigate risks in a technology and media company’s revenue assurance processes resulting in revenue recoveries in excess of $25 million. Led process improvement ef forts for this client to improve business processes to signif icantly minimize revenue leakage.
- Performed an intellectual property portfolio risk assessment for a Fortune 1000 technology company which led to the identification and mitigation of fraudulent activities at three of the company’s key business partners resulting in revenue recoveries in excess of $15 million in one quarter.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- SOX Advisory & Optimization
- Internal Audit Co-Sourcing and Transformation
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Media and Entertainment
- Technology Manufacturing
- University of California Berkeley, B.A. Organizational Behavior and Industrial Relations
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors