Peter is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Technology Consulting Practice and leads the Enterprise Data and Analytics (ED&A) solution globally. He has more than 20 years of experience in data and analytics including IT, information management strategy, data management, data security & privacy, regulatory compliance, master data management, business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions. Most of his career has been focused on Financial Services including clients such as MUFG, SunTrust (now Truist), JPMC, Wells Fargo, Morgan Stanley, Comerica and many others.
Prior to joining Protiviti, Peter held multiple leadership (partner) roles at a large hardware, software and services company– focused on data and analytics services. Roles included leading the Financial Services Data and Platform Services Practice, account leader and Digital Strategy & Interactive leader.
Peter has been quoted in the press, taught seminars and speaks as well as participates in panels at industry conferences on the topics of data and analytics.
Strategy and Roadmap
- Led multiple strategic engagements to assess the firm’s current state and develop strategic roadmaps to transform the data ecosystem. Engagements were at the enterprise and business unit level, focused on the foundations of data management and how to derive value from data through analytics and cost efficiencies.
Big Data / DW implementations
- Implemented multiple big data and data warehouse solutions for enterprises. Solutions integrated/ harmonized hundreds of sources and thousands of files to be leveraged by downstream consumers or for analytics. Solutions drove cost savings, improved the risk profile, improved trust in data and supported digital initiatives.
- Led multiple engagements that built data management strategies and programs. Sample program examples include Centralized Data Management, Data Quality COE’s, Data Lineage/Mapping, Master Data Management, Reporting Factory and analytics.
- Led data workstreams for a large M&A initiative, defining the data strategy, integration approach (and surviving technology/ applications) and roadmap for integration. Subsequently delivered on the integration project.
Areas of Expertise
- Data Management
- Information Management
- Business Intelligence
- Advanced Analytics
- Big Data Solutions
- Data Warehousing
- Master Data Management
- Program/Project Management
- Financial Markets
- Cross Sector
- B.S., Environmental Health, Colorado State University
- M.B.A., Finance and Marketing, Carlson School of Management – University of Minnesota