Managing Director & President - Protiviti Government Services (Pro Gov)
Mr. Keating is the Managing Director and President of Protiviti Government Services (Pro Gov) with over 30 years of doing business with the government and the Defense Industrial Base (DIB). His experience gives him unique industry insight into the Public Sector (US Federal, State & Local), Aerospace & Defense (A&D), Government Contractors (GovCon), Defense Industrial Base (DIB), as well as the Telecommunications and High-Tech industries.
- Led hundreds of security assessments, audits, remediations and implementations of Cybersecurity Compliance Programs for various commercial companies and US Federal Agencies (DoEd, FDIC, HHS CMS, US Treasury, and DOD) using a variety of frameworks (CMMC, DFARS 252-239-7010; DFARS 252-204-7012; FISMA, FedRAMP, FFIEC CAT, NISPOM, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53; NIST 800-171 rev 1).
- Led numerous DFARS / Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) readiness assessment projects for various global commercial companies that process US Government Data using appropriate security control framework (CMMC, FISMA, FedRAMP, NISPOM, NIST 800-53 rev 5; NIST 800-171 rev 2). Projects included evaluating boundary controls, System Assessment Reports (SAR), System Security Plans (SSP), Cyber Incident Response Plans (CIRPs) , cross frameworks mappings and assessments.
- Performed enterprise security assessments, audits, and evaluation of security controls, and solutions, including architecture, security policies, vulnerability assessment, change management controls, as well as, incident response and mitigations plans.
- Led numerous cyber security incident response table-top and war gaming exercises for a large, global commercial companies that must be compliant with various regulations (GDPR, US Govt, SEC, 50 States, various industry controls).
- Cybersecurity Security Operations Centers (SOC) and Incident Response Teams (CSIRT).
- Led incident responses for US Federal Agencies after major Cybersecurity incidents.
- Led the strategy and implementation of incident response teams for large Government Contractors (GovCon) and US Federal Agencies to increase their ability to respond to cybersecurity incidents and become compliant new regulations (CMMC, FAR, DFARS and GDPR).
- Led the design, development and deployment of several 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) and Cybersecurity Incident Response Teams (CSIRT) for various commercial and US Federal Agencies.
- Master of Business Administration - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Tulane University
Areas of Expertise
- Protection of US Government Data, Systems, Networks
- Security Control Assessments (SCA)
- Cybersecurity Framework and Policy Development
- Cybersecurity SOC & CSIRT (IR)
- Cybersecurity & IT Resiliency (Recovery)
- Public Sector (US Fed, State & Local)
- Aerospace & Defense (A&D)
- Government Contractors (GovCon)
- High Technology (Software, Telcom)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Armed Forces Communications & Electronics Association (AFCEA)
- Army Engineer Association (AEA)
- Association of the United States Army (AUSA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Reserve Officers Association (ROA)