Mike is a Managing Director with Protiviti’s Enterprise Cloud Practice, cloud focused, based out of Orlando, FL. As an information technology and security professional, he has accumulated over 27 years experience in financial services (bank card), Healthcare, Power & Utilities and Industrial Manufacturing. Mike has experience in startups, Venture Capital funding, Mergers and Acquisitions as well as Program/Process Improvement and C-Suite and Board of Directors messaging. Prior to Protiviti, Mike lead the Azure Cloud Security practice at a Big 4 firm and has held various senior executive IT roles within a bank card acquirer and processor.
- Cloud Migration - As a rapid response to an incident, partnered with a Fortune 50 major healthcare client to lead the transformation and complete shutdown of a provider data center by migrating the entire footprint to Azure over 18 weeks. The new Azure tenant provided enhanced security as well as scalability and availability. Provided post-production managed service prior to operational handoff to the client.
- Hybrid Cloud Design – Lead numerous hybrid cloud designs and cloud readiness assessments in Azure & AWS environments spanning Aerospace, Power and Utilities and Financial Services designed to consume and standardize the IT infrastructure especially in relation to acquisition and divestiture. The designs lead to enhanced native cloud security capability and optimization of financial operations ensuring applications were destined for the proper environment (cloud or on-premises).
- App Migration to Native Cloud Design – Partnered with a Fortune 500 financial institution to design, architect and deploy a secure Azure cloud instance in support of the complete transformation of the organizations Title, Tax, Loan and Escrow software into microservices hosted in Azure. The new Azure environment’s secure and scalable design supported the reduction of code change release to production from ~120 hours to ~4 hours.
- Payment Card Switch Design – Lead the design, development and technical integration of a large merchant acquirer and processor’s switch into the major card brands (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Amex). Transformed that entire on-premises switch into the Azure and AWS cloud for rapid scalability and tertiary backup. The cloud switch contained enhanced interfaces to easily consume new acquisitions.
- Program maturity improvement – Lead a modern Devops/DevSecOps program modernization that was designed to help a Fortune 500 Healthcare Provider reduce the iterative process of security design review of cloud applications, achieve measurable and demonstrable performance improvement of rapid release schedules and encourage adoption by Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Engineering and Cloud Security.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- AWS Architecture, Security, Migrations
- Cloud Governance & Controls
- Cloud Architecture & Frameworks
- Digital Transformation
- Cloud and Cloud Security Reference Architectures
- Cloud Security
- DevOps/DevSecOps Program Improvement
- Secure Access Service Edge - (CASB, SWG, & Remote Access)
- Zero Trust Architecture
- Financial Services
- Power and Utilities
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Retail Consumer Markets
- Industrial Smart machines
- B.S. Computer Science – LaSalle University