Meghan is a Managing Director in the Risk and Compliance practice and co-leads the Operational Risk Management segment. Her client experience includes large and regional banks as well as domestic and internationally active insurers. Meghan has assisted financial service organizations by developing enterprise and operational risk management strategies and governance frameworks, developing and implementing model governance and control standards, and providing internal audit and compliance services. Meghan has presented to the Institute of Internal Auditor's on the topics of Auditing ERM and Risk Management & Culture in financial institutions.
- Led the assurance coverage of regulatory remediation activities supporting independent risk management’s response at a top 5 global bank. Activities included designing the assurance coverage approach, reviewing and opining on efficacy of risk reduction activities and remediation activity scoping, design adequacy of the remediation program office and governance as well as performing validation of completeness and accuracy of management’s response submission and quarterly regulatory reporting.
- Led the planning an execution of various audits on the alignment with Heightened Standards as well as Capital Adequacy Processes for a Top 10 Global Bank. The reviews included assessing the Bank’s Risk Governance Framework, Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Compliance Risk, Talent Management & Compensation, Risk Reporting, Capital Management, and Board Oversight.
- Led strategic assessments of risk management, governance and control functions relative to the heightened regulatory standards and changing industry practices for several large, complex banking organizations.
- Led the evaluation of the corporate risk management function and the development of the Risk Appetite Framework for a Top 10 North American bank. Specific areas evaluated included the committee organizational structure, enterprise Risk Appetite Statement, Enterprise Risk Management Policy and Board Risk Committee Charter. Key considerations included linkage of strategy, risk appetite, capital management, compensation and performance management, and consideration of risk culture.
- Performed the design, development, and implementation of risk measurement and a reporting framework and infrastructure, including group- and entity-level dashboard reporting for material risks including Credit, Interest Rate, Liquidity and FX for a multi-billion dollar international insurance company. Facilitated the risk reporting process for these three risk areas across 6 business entities and the group level. Led the execution of the risk reporting efforts in subsequent quarters. In addition, developed policies, procedures, automated reporting tools and associated user guides to supplement the reporting process.
- Advised the internal audit functions of numerous global financial services institutions on how best to provide coverage of risk management and capital related audit areas and how to aggregate results into an annual opinion of risk management to support US regulatory requirements.
- Led the audits of Enterprise Risk Management for multiple North American and multinational banks. Areas included as part of the scope included review of the design adequacy of the Risk Appetite Framework and Statement, review of defined key risk metrics and tolerances, and alignment of current Senior Management and Board reporting to risk appetite and tolerances based on regulatory guidance and Standards as well as industry practices.
- Engagement Manager for Enterprise Risk Management implementation for a variety of financial service institutions ranging from a rapidly growing regional bank to government sponsored enterprises to mid- and top-tier life insurance companies.
Areas of Expertise
- Operational Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Capital Management
- Model Risk Management
- Credit Risk
- Internal Audit
- Financial Services
- B.S. – Finance and Multinational Business, Minor in Spanish, Florida State University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Risk Management Association