Mark is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Los Angeles Office, leading the West Coast Finance & Performance Management practice. Prior to joining Protiviti, he was an executive leader at IBM, managing large-scale business transformation, process improvement and system integration/rationalization projects. Mark has over 20 years management consulting experience with clients in the Life sciences, High Technology, Media and Telecommunications industries.
Mark’s unique experience in both business and IT functions have enabled him to play the role of integration lead on a several large scale enterprise finance and reporting system implementations. He specializes in program and project management across finance process improvement, post-merger integration, finance transformation, FP&A, shared services, and software Integration.
- Global financial services/real estate company: Supported post-merger business "stabilization" including finance process improvement, shared services strategy and IT strategy. Developed specific post-merger tasks and activities for finance and IT based on new targeted operating model to enable the company to estimate integration efforts and costs. Performed operational analyses focused on identifying opportunities for process consolidation and standardization to improve finance/ IT process effectiveness.
- Global media conglomerate: Architected framework for shared service and outsourcing, including service level agreements, governance strategy, customer management processes and pricing strategy. Performed multiple working capital transformation initiatives including redesign and implementation of various processes such as purchase-to-pay, order-to-cash, payroll, cash management and reporting.
- Major U.S. hospital system and health plan: Established and led multiple PMOs to support large scale business transformation & integration projects. Led the contract negotiation and subsequent management of a 5 year $30m IT lifecycle management project, to manage and refresh the national and regional IT infrastructure.
- Led the development of a CFO Performance Insight solution which included the use of predictive analytics utilizing a proprietary algorithm, from idea generation/ inception thru to full commercialization/ practice development and implementation in a number large clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Complex Program Management
- Systems Integration
- IT Strategy
- Program/Project Management
- Shared Services
- Post-Merger Integration
- Business Intelligence
- Finance Processes
- Real Estate
- Life Sciences
- Financial Services
- Media & Entertainment
- Bsc Honors, Management Studies, Brunel University, London
- PMI & Project Management Professional (PMP)