Erin is a Managing Director in Dallas leading business transformation, process re-engineering and financial operation redesign projects. Erin is the leader of our Healthcare Industry Finance and Accounting Center of Excellence as well as a firmwide Innovation Leader.
She has over 25 years of experience providing internal, external and information technology auditing as well as consulting services in a variety of industries including healthcare, education, not-for-profit, telecommunications, manufacturing, consumer products, retail, distribution and energy. Erin’s current responsibilities at Protiviti include engagement management and subject matter expertise related to business transformation, process re-engineering and financial operation. These engagements also include operating in many capacities of our Managed Business Solution service offering. Erin also serves as Protiviti’s Accounts Payable Subject Matter Expert, Healthcare Center of Excellence Finance lead and Business Performance Improvement Innovation lead
- Assisted multiple Fortune 500 organizations in transforming their finance function by analyzing and determining root causes, identifying process improvements, reorganizing finance departments, identifying headcount reductions, consolidating to shared service centers and identifying system enhancements and automations.
- Acted as Interim Director and lead the optimization of an Accounts Payable Department for a $2 Billion Healthcare organization. Effort included recovering from a failed workflow system implementation and developing fundamentals and processes within the department.
- Managed an Accounts Receivable and Cash Application Services team clearing over $16 Million in unapplied and unreconciled cash.
- Lead the creation of an Accounts Payable Shared Service Center for a $4 Billion Healthcare organization. Effort included centralizing operations for 6 regions who were on 10 instances of their ERP.
- Lead the transformation of an Accounts Payable Department reducing processing backlog from 30 days to 4 days and implementing sustainable solutions to maintain productivity without increased headcount at a $2 Billion Healthcare Organization. Identified pain points throughout the Supply Chain Department and worked jointly to minimize errors.
- Lead the transformation of the Rights Management team within a digital video distribution company designing new processes and implementing technologies for recording sales and reporting license royalties.
- Assisted 12th largest Public School District in transforming their Financial Services and Budgeting function. Project included mid-year rebudget as well as redefinition of key processes. Identified over $5 Million in annual staffing savings that was adopted by the school board.
- Assisted large school district in their Grant Compliance Review and Remediation. Following a year of adverse audit opinions, assisted Grants department in developing and documenting processes for compliance.
- Lead documentation and testing of all financial controls for Global Auto Parts Manufacturer across 12 international locations.
- Lead the Internal Audit Team of $1 Billion Transportation Company comprised of 200+ divisions. Focus of effort includes optimizing and standardizing unique processes across the business units
Areas of Expertise:
- Finance and Business Transformation
- Managed Business Services
- Internal Audit
- Project Management
- Manufacturing, Distribution
- K-12 Education
- Consumer Products, Retail
- BBA – Accounting – Texas A&M
- MS – Accounting (Information Systems) – Texas A&M
Professional Memberships and Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified in Risk and Information System Controls
- Accredited Payables Solution Consultant