David leads Protiviti’s Transaction Services Practice. As Managing Director at Protiviti, David is accountable for the Firm’s M&A thought leadership, methodology, tools, core alliances, strategic partnerships and our global Market Strategy. David has over 30 years experience in the M&A arena across multiple industries and geographies; his areas of expertise include business integrations, corporate development and strategic business process improvement. David is a well respective leader in the field and is often a guest speaker at the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) discussing the risks associated with transactions and subsequent integrations. He is a certified public accountant (CPA) and is an active alumni of the Wharton School of Business, Penn State, and Xavier University. David is also past president of the Boys and Girls club of America and currently resides on their Board.
- Established and led the integration management office for the highly publicized acquisition by Top 3 Credit Card issuer and Bank; a project encompassing a vast executive constituency across challenging global teams and regulatory environments.
- Led executive response team and several economic elements of loan guarantee package for a top tier Bank and Insurer and sovereign government’s treasury resulting in a multi-billion dollar capital infusion; deal successfully closed within the domestic and international regulatory time-frames.
- Led the design and successful implementation of a new control management and accountability model across all business units of a Top 5 bank resulting in streamlined reporting to Divisional President from 127 business performance metrics to 12 and rationalized controls from 627 to 318 – cleared and satisfied all regulatory findings.
- Successfully led the clinical integration of two top tier pharmaceutical companies. Integration included consolidating core support functions of marketing companies across 26 different countries, establishing a global shared services capability and successfully negotiating integration and closing terms with several labor unions and constituencies across the globe.
Areas of Expertise
- Board Scenario Planning
- Integration Leadership
- Business Process Optimization
- Resolution Planning
- Target Operating Models
- Financial Services
- Life Science
- The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, Executive Development, Finance
- Penn State University, MBA, Entrepreneurship & Finance
- Xavier University, BSBA, Accounting & Finance