Executive Vice President, Global Solutions
Cory is Executive Vice President – Global Solutions for Protiviti and a member of our Executive Team, reporting directly to the President and CEO. He oversees and coordinates the firm’s range of consulting practices, including internal audit and financial advisory, digital transformation, technology consulting, risk and compliance, business performance improvement, managed business services and data management and advanced analytics. Cory works with the firm’s solutions leadership team to continue advancing and developing Protiviti’s delivery capabilities to help clients solve increasingly complex challenges. In addition, he is responsible for overseeing the firm’s innovation investments.
Cory was named in June 2009 as one of the “Top 25” Consultants in the consulting industry by Consulting Magazine. He brings extensive experience across the financial services industry, focused primarily on banks, insurance companies, specialty finance and other lending institutions, ranging from Top Five Bank Holding companies to Fortune 1000 Financial Institutions. Cory began his career in the financial services practice of Arthur Andersen where his final role was leading the firm’s Central Region Credit Risk practice.
- Significant experience assessing, designing and implementing all aspects of Risk Management. Has led engagements designing and implementing enhanced board and executive level risk reporting, creating innovative risk metrics and monitoring processes, advising on organizational structure and governance models, and enhancing specific risk management capabilities including operational, market risk and credit risk. Benchmarked organizational structures (functional and staffing adequacy) against market participants/peers and advised on future state design.
- Co-led remediation effort at a large financial institution covering holistic compliance program assessment, redesign and implementation. Engagement encompassed all areas of compliance including, but not limited to technology infrastructure, headcount/staffing adequacy, risk assessment methods, testing strategies and methodologies, regulation monitoring and change management and executive / board reporting.
- Designed and led multiple implementations of innovative risk reporting tool (the Risk Index), applied to the areas of large bank operations, customer engagement/management and in quantifying model risk across an enterprise.
- Engagement managing director over several model development and validation engagements focused on market risk, operational risk management, credit risk, stress testing models and economic capital at institutions ranging from $5 Billion to $1 Trillion+ in assets.
- Served as overall engagement relationship as well as execution leader over multiple internal audit relationships with Top 25 banks, working closely with Chief Audit Executives and their leadership teams on a variety of matters including providing subject matter expertise in the areas of retail mortgage lending, regulatory matters, model risk governance, change management, credit risk reviews and a variety of other risk domains.
Areas of Expertise
- Operational Risk
- Credit Risk
- Model Risk
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Due Diligence
- Internal Audit
- Financial Services
- MBA – Finance/Marketing, University of Chicago
- BS – Accounting, DePaul University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (inactive)
- Board Member, Arditti Center for Risk Management, DePaul University
- Board of Trustees, Museum of American Finance