Amanda Downs has 30 years working in information technology, starting her career in the military leading new technology innovation projects to her current role as a Technology Consulting Managing Director. Her passion comes from seeing the clients she partners with to achieve their business vision, desired outcomes, and purpose through enabling technology. Her focus is Application Innovation & Modernization solutions to help clients create new applications and modernize existing technology stacks to digitize their value chain, build agility and flexibility to their operations and reduce technical debt.
Amanda is a leader in our Application Innovation & Modernization Services team that includes creating, re-designing, and rearchitecting business applications, websites, mobile applications, and portals. In addition, she helps clients accelerate their digital transformation with flexible managed services approach, include SME's, co-sourcing or short-term and long-term managed services teams.
Working with Fortune 1000 companies, Amanda delivers leading edge IT consulting solutions which help companies enhance and protect the value of IT for the business and provides clients with valuable expertise to enhance their business performance.
- Leading client delivery team creating a digital platform for our client’s business to digitize the physical, improve employee, customer and end consumers experience with highly creative and innovation mobile applications.
- Leading a data integration project that addresses integration issues between a client’s Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and Financial Applications, consolidated TMS applications and built-in intelligent automation to reduce risk in their financial operations.
- Responsible for helping clients develop and implement technology solutions that align to their business needs and initiatives. Leverage commercial cloud, software and practice tools; including the integration of third-party solutions into our services across all Solutions.
- Served as the leader of multiple sales and delivery teams that executed Microsoft Cloud Services and Salesforce.com solutions to clients in Agribusiness, Food and Beverage, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Technology and Financial Services.
- Led a team that created Salesforce.com strategic roadmaps and implementation designs to improve the customer experience, sales and marketing strategy and the technical architecture and system design. Projects included gaining an understanding of the overall business strategy, then determining salesforce.com clouds current state, including how people, process and technology are aligned to achieving the business objectives.
Community Involvement and Awards
- Women Leading in Technology, a Minnesota High Tech Association Program, Founder and Former Chairwoman
- 2016 Titans of Technology, Technology Advocate Award by Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal
- 2015 Minnesota (Real) Power 50 Award by Minnesota Business Magazine
- Advisory Committee member for the re-development of St. Catherine University Leadership Institute
Areas of Focus
- Application Modernization and Transformation
- Cloud Enablement & Enterprise Integration Services
- Design Thinking Application Development Services
- User Experience & Agile Frameworks
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- Managed Services and Program Development
- Microsoft, AWS and Salesforce.com
- Agribusiness, Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing & Technology
- Consumer Products and Retail
- Private Company
- Financial Services and Insurance
- MBA, Keller Graduate School or Management
- BBA, Georgia State University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Azure Foundation Certification
- EMC Technical Architect Proven Professional
- PMP & ITIL