Tyler is the Global leader of Protiviti’s Energy and Utilities (E&U) industry, which covers all segments of the Oil and Gas value chain, Power & Utilities, Renewables, and Mining. In this role, Tyler ensures that Protiviti has robust offerings in Internal Audit and Consulting services for our E&U clients in any global market they operate. This is accomplished through consistent client service, investments in methodology and tool development, proactive thought leadership, leveraging our collective expertise, global collaboration and teaming, and industry conferences and training.
Tyler also works with many clients across the broad spectrum of E&U with Internal Audit outsourcing or co-sourcing, Enterprise Risk Management, Business Performance Improvement, and IT Consulting engagements.
- Internal Audit: Serves as the Engagement Managing Director or QA Managing Director for outsourced and co-sourced Internal Audit services for multiple energy companies. These are multi-year engagements that include the performance of risk assessments to outline the IA plan, execution of audits by leveraging Protiviti experts to lead/QA, issuing audit reports, and reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Consulting: Serves as the Engagement Managing Director for SOX documentation and testing services for multiple energy companies. These engagements include the scoping process leveraging top down risk assessments, process and controls documentation, test plan development and execution, remediation plan development, management reporting, and Audit Committee communication.
- Energy industry consulting: Serves as the Engagement Managing Director for consulting services for multiple energy companies. These engagements have included the development of policies, procedures, and reporting in areas such as: CAPEX budgeting and tracking, Accounts Payable/JIB processes, Vendor management, Royalty Distribution, and Financial close and reporting. This also includes assisting clients with consulting around IT initiatives such as, systems implementation assistance, cybersecurity, emerging digital tools, IT strategy and policy development, and IT process improvement.
- PCT Transformation: Assists organizations with business transformation services when preparing for an IPO. These engagements involve working with management to identify areas of improvement in accounting and IT processes, helping to develop a roadmap/action plan, leading various work streams to address the gaps, and helping to
construct financials and the S-1.
- Enterprise Risk Management: Leads Enterprise Risk Management efforts at multiple clients. These engagements assist the client in cataloging and prioritizing risks to provide management with areas to focus mitigation efforts and costs. Typical duties include leading management meetings to capture information, providing industry related guidance and expertise, facilitating risk assessment workshops with the executive teams, and reporting to senior management and the Board.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- BBA – Accounting, Texas A&M
- MS – Accounting / Information Technology, Texas A&M
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Texas State Board of Public Accountants
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Tyler Chase