Tom McClune is a Managing Director at Protiviti with deep experience in internal audit and related consulting services. He leads Protiviti’s U.S. West region operations and also had led many global internal audit engagements. He has more than 22 years of experience working with a broad range of global, public and private organizations in a variety of industries.
Prior to Protiviti, he was a Partner at Andersen. His experience includes providing internal audit and other advisory and business risk management services. In 2002, he began to assist clients with their compliance with various sections of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, especially Sections 301, 302 and 404. His Internal Audit consulting experience includes adaptation of established frameworks, departmental transition plans, business risk assessments, audit plan development, large engagement project management, quality assurance reviews, corporate governance consulting, and audit committee reporting.
Representative Engagements Include:
- Assisted organizations in establishing and tailoring risk management strategies, tactics and reporting capabilities
- Developed, managed and optimized Sarbanes-Oxley Act of compliance programs
- Assisted organizations with integrating systems; processes and the related controls resulting from acquisitions and business combinations
- Reviewed operational and financial business processes, focusing on internal controls and process best practices
- Assisted organizations with methods to improve their working capital results
- Developed worldwide policies and procedures for improvement of controls, disclosures and standards
- Directed and performed fraud and whistleblower investigations
- Acted as the interim Chief Audit Executive for a global multi-billion dollar enterprise
- Bachelor of Arts – Business Administration, Loyola Marymount University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance
- Institute of Internal Auditors