Tom is a Managing Director in the Chicago office with more than 16 years of experience leading IT consulting engagements. As the leader of our ERP practice in the Chicago market, Tom has experience working on major software implementation projects and participating in and leading Program Management Office activities.
Tom’s principle areas of practice includes assisting clients design and implement ERP Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions, ERP security and configurable controls design projects, and program risk management. Additionally, Tom assists clients in implementing and improving IT governance processes.
- Currently leading advisory services related to a $450MM SAP implementation at a global insurance organization. Specific responsibilities include providing leading practice recommendations to improve the planning and execution of the program, providing guidance related to data governance and data conversion activities, meeting regularly with program leadership to understand key risks and issues, and meeting quarterly with the organization’s executive management team to advise on emerging implementation program risks.
- Leading a SAP security governance initiative at a global pharmaceutical company to enable the efficient achievement of regulatory compliance requirements and improve SAP security, processes and controls. The scope of this project includes developing an overall SAP security governance roadmap, drafting SAP security policies and procedures, revising segregation of duties and sensitive access rules, updating GRC Access Control 10, and redesigning, building, testing and implementing SAP security roles for the finance, supply chain, HR, IT, P2P, and master data governance process areas.
- Leads numerous SAP security and configurable control assessment projects using Protiviti’s proprietary SAP Assure tool suite to provide in-depth analysis of hundreds of segregation of duties, sensitive access and configurable controls risks.
- Led a number of Oracle ERP projects to help clients improve program governance, evaluate functional design specifications, and to improve application security and configurable controls design. Specifically, Tom leads annual assessments of a global manufacturers Oracle R12 implementation program including reviews of the program’s strategy, program governance structure, testing strategy, configurable control design, customer master data approach and implementation, data governance and other key program areas.
- Assisted in the development and execution the data conversion strategy for a $150MM billing implementation at a major US internet service provider. Responsibilities including defining data conversion requirements and use cases, validating scripts developed to convert data, and validating the completeness and accuracy of data load cycles.
Areas of Expertise
- BS, Management Information Systems, University of Iowa
- Masters of Science in Finance, DePaul University