Susan is a Managing Director in San Francisco, and co-leads the West Region for Protiviti's Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Solutions, in addition to Protiviti's Consumer Products / Retail Industry. She has over 20 years' experience in public accounting and related services, including process solutions, business consulting, internal audit and public company transformation. Susan has significant experience leading SOX, internal audit, public company readiness and compliance projects in multiple industries.
Prior to Susan joining Protiviti as a founding member, she spent 10 years in Arthur Andersen's Risk Consulting practice.
Susan provides leadership to engagement teams to ensure both quality and satisfaction of our services, and manages delivery of services working directly with Executive Management and the Audit Committee.
- Responsible for internal audit functions for several large publicly-held clients focusing on financial, operating, compliance and corporate governance -related issues, including Pharmacy Retail.
- Consulted with, advised and managed several public company readiness assessments.
- Directs and consults on Sarbanes-Oxley efforts for compliance to a significant number of companies working with management, audit committees, and the external auditors
- Extensive client experience leading large company initiatives by providing Project Management Oversight (PMO) expertise.
- Significant experience in assisting companies in control assessment, strengthening internal controls, and increasing operational performance.
- Expert skills in accounting, project and process management, corporate compliance, corporate governance, developing risk assessments, annual audit plan development, and benchmarking.
- Performed numerous risk assessments for consumer products, retail, financial services and manufacturing and distribution companies.
- Established the internal audit function for several public companies.
- Client experience in review analysis and recommendations on business practices.
- Coordinates closely with client's external auditors.
Areas of Expertise
Internal Audit & Financial Advisory
Public Company Readiness
Project Management Oversight (PMO)
Consumer Packaged Goods
- BS in Business Administration; major: Accounting
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
IIA Quality Assurance Accreditation
Society of Corporate Compliance Executives (SCCE)
National Retail Federation (NRF)