Steve is a Managing Director with Protiviti, in charge of Technology Risk Solutions for the Pacific Southwest and the Application Controls Effectiveness (ACE) practice for the West. Steve has worked with mid-market to Fortune 200 companies in a variety of industries, including media and entertainment. Steve has over 21 years of risk management and business consulting experience, including:
- IT strategy analysis and development
- Implementations of leading ERP, operational and customer facing systems
- Business process redesign focused on operational efficiency, effectiveness, quality and control
- Business intelligence solutions for improved reporting and management control
- Program management services to effectively manage a portfolio of IT initiatives
- Financial, operational and IT internal audit services
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services
Prior to joining Protiviti, Steve served as a leader within various worldwide healthcare consulting practices, including BearingPoint and Andersen Business Consulting.
- Providing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and internal audit services to numerous organizations across industries, including insurance, entertainment, financial services, manufacturing, etc.
- Assisting various entertainment companies with their Sarbanes-Oxley IT compliance process. Most recently, have been working with these companies to rationalize IT general and application controls in order to focus their SOX IT effort and reduce the overall level of effort.
- Working with a global telecommunications company to redesign their SAP roles and implement Approval in order to attain sound security, segregation of duties and comply with SOX.
- Working with one of the largest school districts in the U.S. as part of their SAP implementation. Steve is leading a team to design, configure and implement automated, system controls upfront, during the implementation.
- Led an ERP security redesign and segregation of duty remediation project for a large manufacturer of high-end SAN storage solutions. Steve’s team redesigned roles, reassigned access privileges, configured and tested the system.
Areas of Expertise
- Technology Internal Audit