Shelley Metz-Galloway is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Metro D.C. Office and has more than 25 years in the financial services industry. Shelley offers expertise in business and regulatory performance and risk analytics, strategic planning, project management, process reengineering, and the development and execution of strategies to address critical business needs.
Shelley has served as the Regulatory Compliance and Fair Lending Practice lead of a nationally recognized consulting firm, the technology development lead of a TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule software application and Vice President/Enterprise lead for HMDA, CRA and GSE relations of a top 10 financial institution.
Shelley specializes in advising clients on all aspects of consumer regulatory compliance, including TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) implementation and compliance testing; fair lending analytics; the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA); the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)’s Mortgage Rules; and Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP).
- Served as the lead engagement Managing Director for one of the nations largest mortgage lenders subject to a public CFPB enforcement action. In this context, Shelley conducted a comprehensive review of the clients loss mitigation policy and procedures, redesigned the clients risk management program, conducted loan level file compliance reviews and prepared the enforcement action response ultimately leading to a $50 million reduction in the proposed civil money penalty;
- Executive sponsor and technology lead responsible for designing and developing a TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule software application capable of confirming compliance with the CFPB’s TRID rule. Application validated through the testing of more than 100,000 loans;
- Lead Managing Director for a multi-year CFPB mandated loan-level compliance testing engagement for a top 5 mortgage loan originator operating under a national monitor;
- Managing Directed responsible for fair lending and fair lending model validation services for large and mid-sized banks. Review and assessment of underwriting and pricing models for retail and commercial credit with full assessment of fair lending risk and model validity in accordance with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the bank’s Model Governance Team Requirements; and
- Engagement lead for multi-year project requiring AML/BSA testing and validation for a mid-sized bank under 6 enforcement actions.
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Regulatory Compliance
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Compliance Risk
- Operational Risk
- Technology Design and Implementation
- M.B.A. Finance, University of Michigan
- B.A. Political Science, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certificate: Leadership and Negotiations, Georgetown University
- ABA, MBA and CBA Member
- Member: Women in Housing Finance