Rob is a Managing Director in the Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Solution in Protiviti’s Metro New York Region. Rob has 20 years of experience providing professional consulting services to corporate clients and their owners. Prior to joining Protiviti, Rob was in the audit and business advisory practice at Deloitte & Touche. He worked in various engagement and project management positions, primarily leading external audit engagements as well as Sarbanes Oxley efforts. As a CPA, he has strong financial skills as well as a solid understanding of business process controls.
At Protiviti, Rob has helped clients with a variety of technical matters as well as process improvement. Rob has been working with a variety of clients in transformation activities associated with new accounting developments or Public Company Readiness and Outsourcing Governance activities such as Internal Audit or SOX Compliance.
- Provided assistance with financial reporting requirements, consulting on the adoption of new regulatory and accounting pronouncements. Most recently helping clients with assessments and transformations related to Revenue Recognition and Leases.
- Conducted various assessments and process transformation projects for client’s pursuing acquisitions, entering the public markets, or seeking improved efficiencies and effectiveness of their financial processes and controls.
- Engaged with clients in a variety of industries to assess and develop an enterprise view of risk and establish a framework for measuring and monitoring risk mitigation activities.
- Managed a team of resources in a large scale, multi-year restatement of a client’s financial statements. Primary areas of focus are revenue recognition, accounting for accrued liabilities, and other accounting matters.
- Managed a project for a leading consumer products company to help evaluate and design a “best fit” chart of accounts to drive consistency in management reporting.
- Managed a process rationalization and redesign project for a multinational Company in effort to standardize processes and controls related to financial reporting.
- Managing many SOA Section 404 Compliance projects, whose scopes of work included project management and quality assurance, development of documentation standards, identification and documentation of controls, test plan development, test plan execution, and remediation planning.
Areas of Expertise
- Finance & Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Retail and Consumer Products
- Real Estate & Construction
- Financial Services
- Bachelor of Science, Lehigh University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Risk Management Assessor
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation
- American Institute of Certified of Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Public Accountants