MENLO PARK, CA – July 19, 2018
Over 230 interns at global consulting firm Protiviti (www.protiviti.com
) currently participating in the firm’s annual summer internship program will participate in a variety of volunteer activities for local non-profit organizations across the U.S.
Friday, July 20, 2018 (various times depending on location; contact Protiviti for exact times per location).
The fifth annual U.S. Intern Day of Service. Protiviti’s interns, joined by more than 500 of the firm’s employees, will volunteer on Friday in 23 cities concurrently for non-profit organizations including: Blessings in a Backpack (Chicago); Rise Against Hunger (Charlotte); Dallas Life; Keeping Tampa Bay Beautiful; Lifelong AIDS Alliance (Seattle) and Ronald McDonald House (Kansas City), among several others.
Examples of Protiviti Intern Day of Service projects include:
- Atlanta interns, together with family, friends and Protiviti clients, will participate in a special gameshow-styled event to pack grocery bags for local charities to donate to families in need
- Interns from the St Louis office, together with their Protiviti career and executive advisors, will audit family meal kits for Operation Food Search and pack meals for its child nutrition program “Operation Backpack”
- In New York City, interns will partner with Citymeals on Wheels to hand-deliver meals to homebound elderly people in Manhattan
- In Houston, interns will help to organize newly donated goods and assist with general cleaning duties at the Covenant House Texas, which provides extensive care to homeless and abandoned youth
- Protiviti interns, employees and firm alumni in the San Francisco Bay Area will pack meals in three locations for three local non-profit organizations as part of Protiviti’s on-going ‘i on Hunger’ initiative to fight world hunger
The annual Intern Day of Service has become a staple in Protiviti’s summer internship program because of the firm’s dedication to and passion for volunteerism and community service. The inclusion of interns in Protiviti’s community initiatives has proven successful in helping them to understand the firm’s fundamental values and culture, while also providing them with an opportunity to give back to the community and help non-organizations.
Protiviti’s year-round, award-winning
, community service initiative known as ‘i on Hunger’ has provided more than six million meals for the hungry around the world through meal-packing events, food drives and meal delivery efforts since its inception in 2014.
Volunteer events will take place in the following markets: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Oakland, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa and Washington, D.C.