Philip has over fifteen years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on national and global financial institutions, national and regional banks, and insurance companies and is a Six Sigma Green Belt. As part of the Risk & Compliance practice, Philip has extensive experience in process re-engineering, process assessment, internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, target operating model, program management, divestiture, merger, integration engagements. In addition, Philip brings several years of experience from a leading title and property & casualty insurer and real estate services provider.
- Managed the execution of an enterprise compliance risk assessment for a top-3 global credit card issuer, which included performing regulatory risk mapping of BSA/AML, Sanctions, State Law, and MSB requirements to business and governance processes; identifying, updating, and documenting controls; providing back office support to the quality risk management exercise; and evaluating and reporting on the results of the risk assessment.
- Managed the execution of a process redesign program and control assessment of a top 10 U.S. bank’s consumer lending unit, which included establishing a program management office; collaborating with senior leadership and cross-functional business units to ensure that the strategy, planning, and delivery approach achieved the desired end results; remediating program and project level issues; maintaining and monitoring program level budgets and resources needs; developing project plans and program and project level artifacts.
- Managed the execution of an enterprise-wide credit assessment of a national bank’s wholesale credit processes, which included assessing system interfaces and credit data flows; reviewing controls, identifying opportunities to improve enterprise-wide data integrity issues; and developing detailed short term and long term future state conceptual designs.
- Assessed the current state of a national bank’s enterprise fraud group, which functioned on manual and paper based processes, and developed a streamlined and robust fraud organization and process that was more effective, efficient, scalable, and supported by new technology.
- Managed year-one Sarbanes Oxley work effort for an asset management companies private equity funds, which included developing prioritized financial elements, risks and processes, documented controls, tested controls to determine operational effectiveness, documented findings and validate exceptions with process owners and management, and managed the implementation and daily execution of the SOX Governance Portal.
- Managed a data governance project for a top 10 U.S. bank, which focused on the creation of governance capabilities designed to improve the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of commercial credit risk data. Major workstreams included the creation of a data dictionary, identification/prioritization of key data elements, creation of data quality monitoring process, design of a multi-layered data management and control structure, and design of current and future state reporting.
- Managed the execution of post-conversion activities for a large commercial lending business unit, which included identifying and escalating issues; managing an issue resolution SWAT team; forming a transitional business-as-usual support network; and managing multiple data clean-up initiatives..
Areas of Expertise
- Program & Project Management
- Organizational Design
- Merger, Acquisition, Integration & Divestiture Support
- Operational Efficiency Improvement and Cost Reduction
- Data Governance & Management Model Governance
- Sarbanes-Oxley & Internal Audit
- Wealth Management
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Six Sigma Green Belt
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA)
Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation