Meghan is a Managing Director in the Risk and Compliance practice. Her client experience includes large and regional banks as well as domestic and internationally active insurers. Meghan has assisted financial service organizations by developing enterprise risk management strategies and governance frameworks, developing and implementing model governance and control standards, and providing internal audit and compliance services. Meghan is a leader in Protiviti's Enterprise Risk Management solution and has presented to the Institute of Internal Auditor's on the topics of Auditing ERM and Risk Management & Culture in financial institutions.
- Performed the design, development, and implementation of risk measurement and a reporting framework and infrastructure, including group- and entity-level dashboard reporting for material risks for a multi-billion dollar international insurance company. Facilitated the risk reporting process for these three risk areas across 6 business entities and the group level. Led the execution of the risk reporting efforts in subsequent quarters. In addition, developed policies, procedures, automated reporting tools and associated user guides to supplement the reporting process.
- Led the planning an execution of an audit on the alignment with Heightened Standards for a Top 10 Global Bank. The review included assessing the Bank’s Risk Governance Framework, Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Compliance Risk, Talent Management & Compensation, Risk Reporting, and Board Oversight. The work culminated in an audit report which was subject to regulatory review.
- Engagement Manager of a strategic review and evaluation of a Top 10 North American bank’s risk management, governance and control functions to position the bank for future success relative to the heightened regulatory standards and changing industry practices for large, complex banking organizations.
- Led the evaluation of the corporate risk management function and the development of the Risk Appetite Framework for a Top 10 North American bank. Specific areas evaluated included the committee organizational structure, enterprise Risk Appetite Statement, Enterprise Risk Management Policy and Board Risk Committee Charter. Key considerations included linkage of strategy, risk appetite, capital management, compensation and performance management, and consideration of risk culture.
- Performed an assessment of the risk management function for $200B North American bank on behalf of Internal Audit. The assessment was focused on understanding the bank’s approach to risk management in order to develop a multi-year audit plan for the Internal Audit risk management team.
- Led the audits of Enterprise Risk Management for multiple North American banks. Areas included as part of the scope included review of the design adequacy of the Risk Appetite Framework and Statement, review of defined key risk metrics and tolerances, and alignment of current Senior Management and Board reporting to risk appetite and tolerances based on regulatory guidance and Standards as well as industry practices.
- Engagement Manager for Enterprise Risk Management implementation for a variety of financial service institutions ranging from a rapidly growing regional bank to government sponsored enterprises to mid- and top-tier life insurance companies.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Credit Risk
- Operational Risk
- Model Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- Industry Expertise
- Financial Services
- B.S. – Finance and Multinational Business, Minor in Spanish, Florida State University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Risk Management Association