Lucy is the global leader for Protiviti’s TRANSFORM Risk and Compliance practice and focuses on innovating the field of risk management. She has more than 20 years of experience leading complex change initiatives across a variety of organizations to optimize their business performance through operational effectiveness, enhanced governance, process automation and emerging technologies. Prior to joining Protiviti, Lucy was a Managing Director at Deutsche Bank where she held several leadership positions including the Head of Regulatory Transformation for the Americas and the Controls Officer for the Commercial and Investment Bank. Before that, Lucy held Change leadership roles at HSBC, Barclays and RBS (Coutts Wealth Management).
- Delivered a suite of front-to-back transformation initiatives to re-design the US operating model of a major European Bank and address a legacy portfolio of regulatory Consent Orders, MR(I)As and internal audit issues.
- Re-designed the regional governance structure and upgraded policies and procedures across a major European Bank to be compliant with the corporate structure as a Federal Reserve regulated bank holding company.
- Established and led a regional Controls function for a Commercial and Investment bank to drive systematic, proactive and forward-looking risk identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting and cultivate a strong control mindset.
- Modernized antiquated reporting systems at a major European bank to web-based and mobile applications to provide transparency of key metric to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Established a team of LEAN Six Sigma black belts at a major European bank to identify and deliver opportunities to re-design end-to-end risk management processes and reduce operating costs by $75m year on year.
- Created and delivered the master plan to implement an effective location strategy for the Risk and Compliance functions that utilizes near shore and off-shore resources at a major European bank.
- Reduced time to market through the optimization of credit operations processes and transitioning them to digital channels at a major European bank.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk, Financial Crime Compliance
- Organizational design
- Operating efficiency and cost reduction
- Process optimization and automation
- Regulatory remediation
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Systems Integration
- BA (Hons) International Business Studies with Modern Languages
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- MIT Digital Business Strategy
- PMI Management of Portfolios (MoP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PROSCI change management
- Risk Management Association (RMA)
- Risk Compliance Association (RCA)
- Fintech: Foundations, Payments and Regulations
- Agile methods
- LEAN Six Sigma Yellow Belt