Lucas is a Director in Protiviti’s Machine Learning & A.I. practice within the Data Management and Advanced Analytics solution. He has 14+ years of experience in leading machine learning and artificial intelligence teams and projects in insurance, healthcare and media and entertainment industries.
Prior to joining Protiviti, Lucas was AVP/Principal Data Scientist at Zurich North America that he led Cognitive Computing team. He was also Managing Consultant at IBM Analytics that he was machine leading lead at the very first IBM Watson Implementation team collaborating with MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Lucas is also a thought leader in the advanced analytics. His publication includes: book chapters in Big Data Governance: An Emerging Imperative by McPress, award-winning paper, “Predictive Modeling for Life Insurance” at Society of Actuaries, etc.
- Led and designed cognitive computing solution to evaluate commercial property insurance exposure using cutting edge computer vision algorithm and technology
- Led and designed intelligent data pipeline to feed the cognitive computing solution (Commercial Property Insurance) with better and relevant data to improve accuracy of risk assessment over time
- Led and designed machine learning component within IBM Watson Leukemia Advisor for Leukemia Patient Prognosis and Survival Time estimation
- Led and designed multiple chronic diseases readmission analytics solution for major healthcare organizations to predict 30-day readmission in order to minimize financial impact due to early readmission
- Led and designed large scale personal automobile insurance acquisition analytics solution to maximize the chance of conversion and potential profit for one of the largest personal auto insurer
- Led and designed box office opening forecast model for major Hollywood studios that helped digital marketing departments to optimize marketing budget in each promotion campaign
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Financial Services- Insurance
- Health Care
- Media and Entertainment
- M.A. Statistics, Columbia University
- B.A., Economics, SUNY at Buffalo