Kimberly leads the Metro DC market for Protiviti and is a Managing Director in the Risk & Compliance Solution. Kimberly’s work concentrates on consulting assignments including the evaluation of risks and controls, operational process efficiency, organizational design, and operational cost reduction. Prior to joining Protiviti, Kimberly spent time at a top 5 US bank and in private equity. Kimberly consults with senior and executive managers to identify opportunities to minimize risk and create corporate value. Over the past several years, Kimberly has assisted some of the world’s largest financial institutions execute on a variety of initiatives.
Top 10 US Bank
- Supported the Chief Risk Officer in a review of the Operational Risk Management oversight function to identify opportunities to improve the structure, methodology, and effectiveness of the function. Developed a prioritized inventory of improvement opportunities around approach, tools, templates, and methods.
Top 5 Global Insurance Company - Established and managed the program management office for the following key initiatives:
- Operations Development – Assisted in the management of a number of teams deployed to review, analyze, design, and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs in various departments including Investments, Corporate Center Finance, Close the Books, and Corporate Legal Spend. Inventoried and documented key processes, defined time in motion for critical path activities, identified control points, and re-engineered processes.
Transaction Advisory – Provided Program Management support for the divestiture and separation of a business unit to a competitor for $15.5b. Effort included the coordination of 27 individual workstreams managed across the global organization.
Top 10 US Bank – Supported the Head of the Home Loans business to review and optimize the 44 identified critical business processes to (i) improve efficiency and cycle times, (ii) improve span of control, (iii) improve control environment. Tasks included the following:
- Assisted business process owners in both a top-down, and bottom-up review of the critical business processes including the development of process documents for each critical business process to identify opportunities for operational process improvements and the elimination of waste.
- Assisted business process owners in identifying, mapping, and rationalizing their detective and preventive controls to improve the overall operational control environment.
- Top 25 Regional Bank - Assisted in the planning, design, and implementation of a target operating model to create a Corporate Development function at this large member-owned financial services company. Created roles and responsibilities, approval authorities, span of control, evaluation criteria, reporting structures, and staffing requirements to establish the infrastructure for this department. Identified material weaknesses in supporting structure around this department
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Finance & Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Financial Services
- BS – Finance, University of Charleston
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management Institute