Joel has over 12 years of consulting and significant industry experience performing in roles such as Internal Audit Director, Assistant Corporate Controller and Financial Analyst. His overall experience includes business process risk consulting in a "Big 5" public accounting firm.
- Effectively led 302 and 404 Sarbanes-Oxley project team resulting in Year 1 compliance. Responsibilities included developing methodology, reporting to the Board of Directors and Executive Management, external auditor liaison, directing and coordinating multi-international sites, and determining and implementing company-wide strategy. Performed internal control self-assessments of key accounting functions resulting in the implementation of more effective and efficient processes.
- Assistant controller, responsible for overseeing key accounting functions for a public company including revenue, A/P, payroll and general accounting.
- Internal audit director for a fortune 50 Company. Managed all activities of the internal audit department including SOX activities, staff development, implementation of business process improvements, and performing operational, financial, and compliance audits.
- Effectively led multiple process improvement teams responsible for reviewing current processes and partnering with all levels of management in developing best practice solutions in achieving overall company objectives. Several process improvement reviews resulted in significant savings to the business.
- Developed and implemented control self-assessment (CSA) methodology resulting in more effective and efficient audits. CSA methodology aligns with COSO and IIA best practices.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Business Risk
- Consumer Products and Retail
- Manufacturing, Distribution & Technology
- BS, Accounting, Minor Economics, Southern Oregon University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Former Vice President, Boise Chapter of the IIA
- Former Board of Governor, Boise Chapter of the IIA