Jason is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Risk & Compliance practice. Jason brings over 16 years of experience focused on enhancing business performance through corporate governance and risk management solutions. His clients include global and large US banks and banking systems, asset managers, and broker dealers. Jason has a primary focus in the design, implementation, and validation of business processes from front-line execution to compliance and risk management monitoring through to independent validation of audit functions.
- Jason performed a sales practices assessment and review at a Top 10 US Bank and managed a 70+ person team responsible for analysis of governance, business and control partner practices related to sales management and monitoring. He was also part of the leadership team directly responsible for providing status and results to executive leadership at the client throughout the engagement.
- Jason led a 40+ person team at a Top 5 Global Bank focused on the assessment and testing of consumer protection regulatory enforcement action with a focus on consumer protection practices and remediation efforts related to collections litigation and the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act (SCRA). Specifically, he was responsible for the validation of Board of management governance practices, first line of defense risk control self-assessments and issue management processes, second line of defense risk monitoring and oversight practices, policies and procedures implementation, and ongoing related business processes.
- Jason managed various design assessments and ongoing testing efforts as part of a co-source engagement with a Top 5 Global Bank. He led the planning, execution and ongoing reporting to senior audit management and executive line of business leaders for reviews on a variety of subject matters most notably, credit cards and payments with a scope focus on consumer protection laws and regulations. Also, Jason executed and reported design gap analysis on business practices, most notably policy and practice alignment with OCC, CFPB and FFIEC guidelines and consumer protection regulations.
- Jason led the development and advancement of risk management practices at affiliated entities of a $200B U.S. financial system. Areas of focus included the development of risk appetite frameworks including the underlying risk appetite statements and key risk and performance indicators. He also led the development of risk identification, assessment, monitoring and response strategy frameworks.
- Jason led the development of a best in class credit review function at a Top 20 U.S. Bank. Areas of focus included the design of the credit review methodology, review work plans, training resources and key stakeholder communication plans. Created project management standards for resource planning, project plans, deliverables and change management practices.
- Jason introduced and leads Protiviti’s whitepaper series on emerging risk titled PreView.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management Process Design and Implementation
- Regulatory Action Compliance
- Internal Audit
- Program/Project Management
- Credit Risk
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Jason Daily