Erika is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Charlotte office with 20 years of experience in consulting and financial services. Extensive experience in client service and industry audit roles leading transformation and change with a focus on developing strategic initiatives, advancing use of technologies, optimizing talent strategies, and creating leading practice methodologies that go beyond regulatory expectations. Accomplished communicator capable of distilling complex messages to the essentials to drive decisions and action across a diverse group of stakeholders.
Erika has held multiple positions reporting to the Chief Audit Executive at large financial services institutions including Bank of America and Capital One. Prior to these roles, Erika provided internal audit services for PriceWaterhouseCoopers, focused in financial services. Her responsibilities have spanned core audit standards, methodology, and operations, including technology and data analytics, regulatory response, quality assurance, training, reporting, and change initiatives.
- Active member of Senior Leadership Team overseeing day-to-day operations, professional practices, and strategic program investments, leading teams from large to small across the division (~200 – 1000+).
- Designed strategic plans for people, process, and technology translating forward looking objectives into an integrated vision of multiple initiatives with a focus on cost optimization (e.g. improving risk assessment, developing robust QAIP, establishing technology strategy). Architect of external strategy focus designed to differentiate our leading practice brand leveraging industry groups and benchmarking.
- Built positive relationship with regulators & external firms, including multi-agency exams (four agencies), EQAR, and structured project plans for enforcement actions.
- Restructured internal operations reporting including audit plan completion metrics, scorecard monitoring programs, enterprise issue reporting, etc. using data visualization tools for intuitive navigation by multiple stakeholders.
- Developed audit committee presentations and supplementary analysis optimizing mix of content and volume to balance reporting requirements with a succinct message. Regular presenter to the audit committee.
- Drove all aspects of training programs, including re-design of individualized skills assessment, expansion of data analytics training program to all levels (winner of corporate excellence award) and sponsoring bi-annual All Hands Conference (~250 associates, 65 speakers, 6000+ hours delivered).
- Experienced with large-scale project management of change programs in global companies with complex operating models including integration of specialists (regulatory/compliance, IT, model, consumer finance, operational risk) blending tactical organization with people-focused change strategies. Projects ranging from 1,000 to 40,000+ hours delivered, predominantly in financial services.
Areas of Expertise
- Master of Business Administration, Winthrop University
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Auburn University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- North American Advocacy Committee (Appointed)
- Financial Services Exchange Selection Committee
- IIA Foundation, Esther Sawyer Award Selection Committee
- Securities Industry & Financial Markets (SIFMA): Member & Conference Speaker