David is a Managing Director within the Technology Consulting business, specialising in Technology Transformation, Infrastructure & Cloud Advisory, Technology Governance and Operating Model.
David’s primary focus is to lead the Cloud and Infrastructure Advisory business in Australia, assisting clients with the transformation of their technology environments, defining the future of their technology functions and ensuring the right capabilities are in place to operate efficiently and safely.
David has over 22 years’ experience across a variety of industries and senior IT transformation roles, including: Partner at Deloitte Technology Consulting, Group Infrastructure and Operations Director at Westpac Group, Global CTO of Reckitt Benckiser, Global Director of Architecture and Services at Reckitt Benckiser, APAC Director of Cloud Services at PwC.
David has a proven track record of implementing major transformational improvements, global infrastructure programs and strategies which have delivered a step change in each of the organizations he has been involved with.
- Technology Operating Model – David has led global teams and multiple client organizations through technology enabled transformation, incorporating new and advanced operating models for which to leverage the latest technology available and to achieve an improvement in delivery capability, risk position and ultimately business value through operating model design and implementation.
- Technology Governance – David has represented a global FTSE 25 organization in FDA reviews and has also represented the second largest banking group in APRA and Austrac related reviews, primarily focused on Infrastructure Services & Operations. David has also led multiple client engagements to assist and guide them through regulation and ensuring they achieve the right outcomes and enable change where necessary.
- Technology Strategy & Architecture – David has designed, implemented and advised on Technology Strategy at multiple organizations, in multiple industries across multiple geographies. David has also designed and led the transformation to enable the strategic outcomes through developing the right foundational structure and measures to ensure the transformation is a success and achieves business value whilst reducing operational risk for the organization and/or clients.
Areas of Specialisation
- Technology Strategy
- Technology Governance
- Technology Regulation
- Technology Operating Model
- Vendor Management
- Negotiation, Collaboration Strategy
- Infrastructure & Cloud Architecture
- Global Program Delivery and Team Leadership
- Financial Services
- Government (Australia)
Education and Professional Certifications
- HDIP Computer Science
- ITIL Framework V3
- TOGAF v9
- Prince v2