David leads Protiviti’s Global Integration/Divestiture practice and has more than 20 years of experience in Transaction Services with a strong focus on business integrations, corporate development and strategic business process improvement. Prior to joining Protiviti, David was the Vice President of Strategic Program Management as well as Market President at Capital One, where he focused on business integration and implementation of large-scale process improvement initiatives. He began his career in financial services consulting at EY and KPMG in their Business Advisory Groups before joining IBM Global Consulting as a Principal in their ITS Consulting Practice. He also served as the global lead of Strategies and Business Performance for Clinical Operations at AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, where he gained industry experience by supporting their drug development processes across a vast global footprint.
ING Divestiture & Integration
- Led strategic complex system integration and process assessments across multiple lines of business and directed a group of cross-functional senior executives resulting in the migration of several disparate origination and servicing systems to a unified platform, a reduced cost structure and increased channel specific NPS.
- Led the design an successful implementation of a new control management and accountability model across all business units resulting in streamlined reporting to Divisional President from 127 business performance metrics to 12 and rationalized controls from 627 to 318 – cleared and satisfied all regulatory findings. Developed the program management framework and led the review and re-engineering of 29 core business processes that resulted in less regulatory open issues and events; improved compliance adherence, and reduced customer complaints. Led the successful implementation of continuous improvement processes that enables reporting and issue escalation from front line associated to change agents in a methodical and efficient manner, effectively reducing associate down-time on average by eight hours a month.
- Oversaw the successful integration of various origination systems into one consistent platform rolled out across 900+ branches; program managed the integration and implementation of both originations and servicing platforms. In a dual role as Community Market President, led the development of strategic partnership strategies while building out the internal infrastructure to support the Divisional President’s vision. Increased associate engagement across multiple lines of business; increased executive engagement and accountability year over year.
- Established and led the integration management office for the highly publicized $9 Billion acquisition by Capital One; a project encompassing a vast executive constituency across challenging global teams and regulatory environments. Led operational planning that positioned the spin-off and newly acquired entities for growth after in-depth review of the macro-economic and regulatory environments, resulting in comprehensive business plans, and alternative scenario planning, that were pressure tested and successfully approved by US leadership, US Regulators, and global Board of Directors in Amsterdam.
- in a multi-billion dollar capital infusion; deal successfully closed within the domestic and international regulatory time-frames. Successfully led a team of C-Suite of executives in performing strategic and operational assessments resulting in execution plans that increased mortgage capacity by 17%, production efficiency by 21%, and employee engagement by 11%.
AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical Integration
- David held various leadership roles as part of the integration. He led the integration of US drug development and global clinical operations as a component of a multi-billion acquisition and worked with global regulators across multiple jurisdictions.
Areas of Expertise
- Board Scenario Planning
- Integration Leadership
- Business Process Optimization
- Resolution Planning
- Target Operating Models
- Financial Services
- Life Science
- The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, Executive Development, Finance
- Penn State University, MBA, Entrepreneurship & Finance
- Xavier University, BSBA, Accounting & Finance
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Six Sigma Certification