Dave is the Managing Director who leads Protiviti’s Atlanta Market as well as the Southeast region for Protiviti comprised of the Atlanta, Charlotte, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa markets. Information Technology Internal Audit practice Globally. Previously, Dave has led the Global IT Audit team at Protiviti as well as the Internal Audit practice in the Central United States. He has extensive experience in the areas of Information Technology Auditing, Computer Aided Auditing Techniques, Audit Formation, Risk Assessments, Quality Assurance Reviews, and Board Reporting. Dave has led audit teams for some of our largest clients and both publishes and speaks on various audit topics regularly.
- Leads Protiviti’s Atlanta office focusing on delivering high value services to clients in the Southeast as well as developing a team of people with in demand skills across the Nation. Is responsible for human resources, marketing, recruiting and finance functions as well as leading a team of over 160 resources in the market.
- Leads Protiviti’s Southeast Region comprised of over 350 resources across 5 markets.
- Led Protiviti’s IT Audit Practice Globally. This includes setting the strategy for IT Audit, creating marketing to further the profession, addressing emerging risks in the market, creating Protiviti solutions to address market needs and working with regional leaders to develop resources necessary to advance IT Auditing.
- Managed the IT Audit delivery under a full outsourced internal audit model for one of the largest Private Banks. Conducted the IT Audit Risk assessment, developed the plan and oversaw the execution of the annual audit plan. Reported findings to both the technology sub-committee of the Board as well as the Audit Committee.
- Managed an IT Audit co-sourced relationship with a mid-sized bank. As part of this role, worked with the Chief Audit Executive to develop the audit plan and execute the risk based reviews as well as the FDICIA testing for the Bank. Reported results to the Audit Committee quarterly.
- Executed a project to assist a financial services technology provider prepare for their FFIEC review. Assisted in the identification of key controls, documented the controls and then worked with management leaders to design and implement controls that were deficient or missing.
- Managed a co-sourced Internal Audit relationship with one of the largest Insurance companies in the world. As part of this relationship, Dave participates in their management leadership meetings to provide external perspective on the continuous improvement of the department. Dave also oversees the delivery of Internal Audit Services to the organization.
- Published an annual IT Audit Benchmarking Survey
- Co-Authored Protiviti’s guide to IT Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Presented at GAM, IIA AllStar, Superstrategies and numerous regional conferences on various Internal Audit topics
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- IT Audit
- Audit Formation
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
- MBA, University of Chicago
- BS, Accounting, Northern Illinois University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- American MENSA