Clint is a founding Managing Director in the Dallas/Ft. Worth office with over 25 years experience in internal and IT audit, SOX advisory, business operations, and information technology. Clint serves as market leader for Protiviti’s Dallas Internal Audit and Financial Advisory practice. Prior to joining Protiviti, Clint was a Senior Manager in Arthur Andersen’s Internal and IT Audit Services practice and also served in industry Internal Audit functions at PepsiCo and a large insurance based holding company. Clint began his career with Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) as a consultant.
- Currently serve as engagement Managing Director for internal IT audit, IT SOX, and merger integration internal audit support efforts for a Fortune 50 organization. Responsibilities include overall oversight and management of day-to-day team efforts across each of these areas, annual risk assessment, planning, and budgeting, as well as Executive Management and Audit Committee reporting. Project focus areas encompass all critical enterprise-wide merger/integration projects, as well as, IT audits in areas such as cybersecurity, data privacy, disaster recovery/business continuity, operational maturity assessments, change & incident management, pre and post implementation reviews, 3rd party contracting, and asset management.
- Serving or has served in Internal Audit leadership positions, including Chief Audit Executive, for numerous co/out-sourced Internal Audit functions. Responsibilities have included all aspects of internal audit planning, risk assessment, project execution, quality review, and oversight, executive management and audit committee reporting.
- Served as engagement Managing Director overseeing the SOX / JSOX compliance requirements for the North American operations of Japan based technology manufacturing and services organization for over 7 years. Responsibilities included all aspects of planning, scoping, documentation, testing execution, along with coordination and reporting to senior and executive management.
- During our services with this organization and through close collaboration and teaming with management, key SOX / JSOX controls were reduced from a high point of over 1300 controls to less than 300 through process harmonization improving consistency of controls used across operating entities and dramatically lowering the on-going annual costs of compliance.
- Engagement Managing Director over the internal controls design, implementation, and process streamlining efforts as part of an SAP implementation and global template structure for the US implementation efforts for a $45 billion Japan based global electronics manufacturing and IT services organization. Project resulted an increase in of automated controls by over 400%.
- Engagement Managing Director for the analysis, process benchmarking, and ultimately the PMO implementation efforts for a G&A cost reduction initiative spanning 13 different operational areas of improvement for the US operations of a global electronics engineering, manufacturing and services organization. Project efforts resulted in reduction of over 15% of G&A spend through process improvements.
- Leading or has lead numerous internal operational, IT, and financial process audits across a number of industries including such areas as Accounts Payable, Data Center Operations, Materials Management, General IT Controls, Network Security, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity, Data Privacy, Cybersecurity, Merger/Integration Initiatives, Data Governance, Procurement, Inventory Management, and Application Pre/Post Implementation Reviews, including PeopleSoft, Oracle, and SAP.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal and IT Audit
- Business Risk and Process Improvement
- Corporate Governance
- Manufacturing, Distribution, and Technology
- Consumer Products & Services
- BBA – Finance – University of Oklahoma
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Internal Audit Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation
- Board of Governors, Dallas IIA Chapter
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Member, Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA)
- Autism Speaks – DFW Corporate Sponsorship Committee