Brandon is part of Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance Solution experienced in process and control design, project management, regulatory remediation, enforcement action validation, independent compliance reviews, business process risk assessments, mergers and acquisition integration support, and internal audit services for Financial Services Industry Clients.
- Managed a 4 year compliance look back review (2011- 2014) relating to the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) for a Top 5 Bank relating to the LAR Action Taken field in response to regulatory enforcement action by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Protiviti solely managed one of two locations with approximately 60 resources. Developed resource models and team structure, standardized job aids/ common scenarios, conducted training, and supervised and managed all resources (including production and error statistics). Protiviti also developed customized reporting and designed weekly status reporting.
- Managed two major 5 year compliance look back reviews for a large, diversified financial institution related to their mortgage portfolio. Regulations reviewed included: Home Owner’s Protection Act (HPA), Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). The purpose of the reviews was to proactively self-identify past issues and to help inform the Bank as they were implementing a new Loan Origination System (LOS) as well as ensure accurate Loan Application Register (LAR) reporting. For both reviews, Protiviti developed the resource model, team structure, overall project plan, production and error benchmarking and reporting, and standardized training. Protiviti also developed a customized review tool within SharePoint with automated reporting that was utilized for weekly standard status and trend reporting.
- Managed a BSA/AML risk assessment for a mid-sized bank in response to regulatory enforcement action. Tasks included detailed walkthroughs and review of current documentation to understand the current state and provide recommendations for process enhancements in order to properly align with industry best practices and mitigate risks associated to the Customer Acceptance and Maintenance, Transaction Monitoring and Reporting, as well as Global Sanctions, Law Enforcement Inquiries, and other special measures.
- Managed an end-to-end process risk assessment for consumer credit card collections at a top 10 US Bank in response to a Consent Order. Tasks included detailed walkthroughs, process documentation, and risk and control identification for collections strategy, pre-charge off operations, post-charge off recovery, debt sale, and 3rd party vendor usage. Identified and reported gaps in key risk areas.
- Managed a review of the collections and loss mitigation function of a $20B regional bank. Reviewed early stage delinquency collection activities, hardship modification programs, loan extensions, charge-offs, foreclosures, and real estate owned processes for compliance with applicable regulatory guidance, bank specific policies and industry best-practices.
- Managed a review of the post-close mortgage quality assurance function of a top 5 mortgage servicer. Reviewed loans that were sold to various GSEs for compliance with the seller and servicer guidelines, HUD handbooks, bank specific guidelines, and applicable regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Regulatory Risk
- Credit Risk
- Operational Risk
- Project Management
- Internal Audit
- B.S. Finance, University of Minnesota
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Professional Risk Managers International Association
- Institute of Internal Auditors