Aric is a Managing Director in the Technology Consulting practice in Atlanta and leads the S/4 GRC & Risk IP Development for the US. For almost 20 years, Aric has been helping clients manage business risks associated with the deployment and maintenance of SAP. He is one of Protiviti’s firm-wide experts in EGRC, SAP security and business process controls, including Protiviti’s Assure® product suite and SAP GRC. Aric has presented at national webinars, SAP conferences, ASUG, ISACA, WISPUB and MISTI. In addition, he has significant experience in Basis Administration, SAP Audits, outsourcing, operations management and disaster recovery planning.
Representative Engagements Include:
Extensive implementation experience in SAP security redesigns and Enterprise Risk Management tools such as SAP GRC Suite, SAP IAG, ERP Maestro, Approva's BizRights, and Protiviti's Assure® Tool Suite. A sample of projects include:
- Managed over thirty (30) implementations GRC tool implementations that include multiple Global Fortune 500 and various Fortune 500 including one of the first VIRSA 4.0 to AC 10 upgrades
- Engagement Manager for over fifteen global SAP role redesign projects including multiple S/4HANA and Suite on HANA implementations. Project activities have included gathering the business requirements, designing and building the SAP roles and users with security and segregation of duty conflicts taken into consideration, facilitation of user acceptance testing, migrating to production, knowledge transfer, and supporting go-live.
- Presented with SAP and ASUG on various SAP Access Control, Security, Access Violation Management, SAP Process Control, eGRC, and continuous monitoring projects.
- Led multiple SAP configurable control diagnostics to identify automated controls being relied upon for the core business processes and recommended areas for increasing the reliance on automated controls.
- Performed risk consulting on ECC and Suite on HANA environments to design and test functional and technical control solutions in order to mitigate business and implementation risk. These engagements have included project risk management, business automated and manual control testing, data conversion testing, ITGC testing, GRC implementation, AVM implementation, security design & implementation and external audit support.
- Managed world-wide SAP BASIS team residing in India, Germany, US, Canada, and Singapore. The team responsible for all SAP BASIS Deep Level expertise for fortune 100 IT company.
- Effectively managed a senior technical staff up to 73 individuals across 17 cities, and 5 countries to support ECC, Business Warehouse/Intelligence, Customer Relationship Management, XI, APO, ITS and Enterprise Portals (EP).
Areas of Expertise
- ERP Services
- Internal Audit
- Manufacturing, Distribution and Technology
- Consumer Products
- MBA - Georgia State University
- Bachelors of Science in Mathematics - State University of New York, College at Brockport
- ESI Project Management Associate Degree
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- ITIL Foundations Certified
- SAP GRC Access Controls
- Approva BizRights
- HP Unix Administration
- AIX Administration
- SAP Basis