Antonio is a Director & Senior Architect within Protiviti’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) team with over 25 years of technology & management experience specializing in designing & implementing solutions for enterprise, military & government clients.
His experience spans multiple industries within the public & private sectors, including working with military & defense organizations around the world, telecom providers in North America & Europe, & corporate Clients. Antonio has demonstrated success leading implementation teams & managing customer relationships to deliver complex solutions to Clients that benefit their business & protect sensitive corporate data. Antonio’s specialization in information security, data governance and identity management has allowed him to guide Clients through in-depth security audits, providing recommendations to improve security strategies & posture.
His experience with Office 365 and Microsoft SharePoint, along with his strong technical contributions to the wider community, have earned Antonio a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) Award for the last 7 consecutive years (2012 to 2018). A frequent blogger and speaker at conferences, Antonio contributes his time and energy to guiding business decision makers & IT professionals to successfully implement solutions with SharePoint, Exchange & Office 365.
- Lead enterprise architect for a multi-year Digital Transformation initiative for a large Canadian nonprofit organization (~8000 users across Canada) moving legacy operations and systems to Office 365, Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Azure cloud; Project included roadmap and recommendations, system design, development, data migration, system integration, vendor selection, change management and training.
- Enterprise architect for one of the largest Office 365 infrastructure mergers in history, including Exchange, SharePoint & OneDrive for Business. Working with 2 of the largest global technology companies that are in the process of merging, this project included one of the world’s largest Office 365 email migrations (~150K mailboxes), migrating multiple very large SharePoint environments (~45 TB), and migrating the largest OneDrive for Business environment in the world (~1.8 PB).
- Architected & deployed multiple enterprise class SharePoint Server 2016 environments for F1000 clients.
- Conducted security audits, assessments & training programs for SharePoint, Exchange & Office 365 for multiple enterprises across various industries, including regulatory controlled data (HIPAA, MNPI, CPNI, PCI, PHI, PII).
- Implemented an information governance platform (Varonis) & conducted permission remediation programs across SharePoint farms & network file shares for a F500 financial services company in response to SEC audit recommendations.
- Project lead for an enterprise-wide SharePoint 2013 deployment to a Fortune 100 oil & gas pipeline manufacturer. The solution included migrating 5 SharePoint 2010 farms to a single corporate-wide SharePoint 2013 farm, developing complex security & governance plans, & automating business processes for 12 departments using Nintex forms and workflows.
Areas of Expertise
- Information Security & Governance
- SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Office 365
- SharePoint Online, Exchange Online
- Email & SharePoint Migrations
- Information Architecture Design
- Varonis Platform
- Identity Mgmt. (AD, Azure AD, ADFS)
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Team Leadership/Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Military/Intelligence Community
- Supply Chain & Manufacturing
- Oil & Gas
Education, Certifications & Awards
- Microsoft Office Server & Services MVP 2012 to 2018 (Most Valuable Professional)
- Varonis Platform Certification (DatAdvantage Installation, Operation, Advanced Installation, DataPrivilege)
- B.S. – Computer Science & Mathematics Carleton University, Ottawa Canada