Angelo is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Internal Audit and Financial Advisory practice specializing in technology risk management, robotic process automation (RPA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and IT compliance. Angelo has 15 years of experience in all facets of IT internal controls and frequently works with CAEs, CIOs, CFOs and SOX leaders to implement emerging technologies into their organization’s internal control environment as well as IT compliance, audit and control assurance functions.
Internally, Angelo helps lead Protiviti’s Internal Audit “next generation” and RPA services. He is responsible for driving innovations across Protiviti’s existing Internal Audit and SOX client portfolio, as well as training Protiviti’s global workforce across a variety of leading RPA products including Blue Prism, UiPath, and Automation Anywhere.
Angelo is a computer engineer by background and completed his MBA at the University of Chicago Booth. In 2017, Angelo was the recipient of Consulting Magazine’s Rising Star award which recognizes the top 35 consultants under the age of 35 that have excelled in client service.
- Managed the IT governance and control workstreams for several organizations that were in the process of standing up their RPA Center of Excellence. As part of these efforts, led the development of RPA policies and control standards, integrated control requirements into existing practices, and established metrics / reporting around program maturity.
- Established the global IT compliance function for a billion dollar financial services organization consisting of approximately 10 IT compliance resources. Ongoing responsibilities include managing IT policies and control standards, driving the automation of both control execution and assurance activities, designing and implementing IT compliance processes, developing control metric dashboards, and reporting to executive-level management and the Board.
- Led the RPA controls automation efforts for several Fortune 500 companies in the financial services and professional services industries. Specific responsibilities included driving the initial proof of concept, demonstrating the benefits/value achieved, establishing the go-forward strategy, and leading the development of RPA bots.
- Designed the IT controls assurance and effectiveness program for two distinct billion-dollar financial services organizations. This included developing the strategy and policy, designing supporting processes, defining the organizational structure, and creating management dashboards with KPIs and KRIs.
- Managed the IT internal audit and SOX activities for several Fortune 500 organizations (this is an ongoing responsibility). Key activities include leading risk assessment activities, audit planning, overseeing quality, and management reporting.
Areas of Expertise
- Technology Risk Management
- Robotic Process Automation
- Next Gen Internal Audit & IT Audit
- IT Compliance
- Security and Data Privacy
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Financial Services
- Consumer Products
- Wholesale and Distribution
- M.B.A., University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- B.S., Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT
- ITIL Foundations Certified
- COBIT Foundations Certified
- Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation
- Member, Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors