Andrea is a Managing Director in the Boston office and leads the East Region Managed Business Services (MBS) practice. She is a member of the Business Performance Improvement practice. She specializes in Finance Operations including: Process Design, Re-Engineering, and Shared Services. Her background includes over 20 years of a combination of: Big Four external audit industry finance and operations, and management consulting experience.
Managed Business Services
- Led engagement through serving as acting controller for publicly-traded, clinical stage bio-pharma company. Role included overall oversight of the accounting operations, identifying and implementing process improvements, trouble-shooting issues from recent systems conversion, and designing optimal finance organizational model for current operations and planned growth.
- Managed and redesigned an Accounts Payable organization to meeting changing business needs while filling operational roles. Activities included: (1) restructuring work teams to address backlog/ daily processing/internal customer services, (2) leading the vendor statement reconciliation which identified and paid over $3M in invoices past due 1 year, (3) developing requirements for imaging/work
- Assisted company the managing the daily cash flow operations and modeling as well as process improvement, stabilization and redesign of a disparate cash flow forecasting process. Primary activities involved understanding complexities of underlying forecasting models, mapping / documentation of current and future state processes, reporting requirements of FP&A, Accounting and Executive management.
- Led initiative at large multinational bank to provide a team of client migration specialists to perform customer outreach in advance or a migration to a new online banking platform.
Business Performance Improvement
- Designed and managed assessment of billion dollar services organization aimed at evaluating consistency of company’s finance shared services centers and determining if existing centers’ capabilities were adequate to meet company’ planned future growth. Activities included: benchmarked core finance processes, identified short-term and long-term improvement opportunities, developed implementation roadmap and detailed project plans for each initiative, performed detailed spend analysis, prepared business case for transformation. Additional work included performing a short-term targeted effort to consolidate two Singapore finance shared service centers within six weeks.
- Led Finance Shared Services Organizational Redesign assistance which included the development of future state roles and responsibilities for all Finance Shared Services functions. This included working closely with the management team to facilitate the completion of a detailed activity analysis for all Shared Services tasks including the time required to perform the task as well as categorization of close activities.
- Designed a “off-cycle” close process for a $12 billion global retail consumer products company which was preparing to be acquired by a larger company. The acquisition close date was not expected to coincide with current accounting calendars so an “off-cycle” Managed SG&A cost reduction initiative for US subsidiary of $40B Japanese electronics manufacturer and distributer. Overall project resulted in net reduction of annual SG&A costs by greater than 15 percent from 13 separate focus areas (Finance, IT, Procurement, Facilities, etc.).
Areas of Expertise
- Finance Operations/Shared Services
- Managed Business Services
- Business Transformation
- Program Management
- Targeted Process Improvement
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Consumer Products
- Software and Technology
- Financial Services
- BS, Accounting, Fordham University
- MBA, Georgia State University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)