Suresh is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Model Risk practice. He has twenty years of experience in leading model development and model validation; economic capital modeling, stress testing, loss forecasting, managing credit risk of consumer loan portfolios, and improving portfolio performance through use of predictive / advanced analytics. Prior to joining Protiviti, Suresh was a Director at PwC in their model validation and model risk management practice. He was also the head of portfolio credit risk modeling and analysis team at Bank of America Home Loans ; head of risk department at 1st Financial Bank USA; and the head of modeling and quantitative analysis at HSBC subprime credit cards (formerly Household International).
Independent Model Validation
Suresh has led independent model validation of a variety of models at a number of medium and large banks.
- Simulation based consumer economic capital models
- CCAR stress testing models for consumer, CRE and Energy equity portfolios
- Moody’s Risk Frontier application for economic capital modeling of consumer loans
- Moody’s Credit Cycle model application for CCAR stress testing of consumer loans
- PD/LGD models for mortgage, HELOC, cards, auto loans and margin loans
- ALLL models for cards, mortgages and HELOCs.
Internal Audit Model Validation
Suresh has led internal audit model validation for a number of banks.
- Consumer PD/LGD models
- Residual lease economic capital model.
Suresh has led development of a variety models for a number of banks.
- PPNR Models
- Consumer PD/LGD models,
- RWA models,
- Credit scoring and credit rating models
- Custom behavior score models
- Loss forecasting models.
Consumer Credit Risk Analytics
Suresh has led many credit risk analytics projects for several retails banks.
- Credit card originations strategy
- Credit line management optimization
- Collection treatment optimization
- Strategic default scoring
- Loan modification strategies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Model Validation
- Model Development
- Model Audit
- CCAR Stress Testing
- Economic Capital
- Credit Risk
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
- Financial Services
- Consumer Credit
- University of California, Berkeley, Ph.D. Engineering
- University of Pennsylvania, Master’s in Finance
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, B.Tech. Engineering