Scott is the Global Leader of Protiviti’s Emerging Technology Group. Scott and his team enable clients to leverage emerging technologies and methodologies to innovate, while helping organizations transform and succeed by focusing on business value and managing risk. His team specializes in many technological areas including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, blockchain, and quantum computing.
Scott is a published author, accomplished speaker, and quoted subject-matter expert in the area information systems security. He co-authored a book about penetration testing and information security called HACK I.T. Scott’s second book, Defend I.T., is a collection of case studies in information security. He has spoken about information security topics for a variety of audiences and industries including IAPP, ISACA, ISSA, and The IIA. He has been quoted as a security expert in Compliance Week, Computerworld, Financial Times, Securities Industries News, The Wall Street Journal, and other publications. Prior to becoming a consultant, Laliberte was an Information Systems Security Officer for the United States Coast Guard.
- Lead several designing thinking sessions with Clients to help them transform their business using emerging technology. Designed solution and supporting business case, implemented proof of concept, and provided road map for full implementation and adoption
- Helped Clients identified manual processes (including GDPR Data Subject Access Requests and PPP Loan Processing) that could be automated using machine learning (ML) and robotic process automation. Lead team that designed and implemented automation solution that improved efficiency over 200%.
- Numerous Security Assessments, including GLBA, GDPR, NY DFS, FFIEC CAT, HIPAA, PCI, ISO 27001, NIST CSF, and Penetration Testing engagements. These projects included assessment of threats and vulnerabilities leading to a prioritization of risks and the development of a Security "roadmap". Tools used in the engagements included a combination of commercial licensed software, freeware tools, and self-developed scripts. Performed PCI assessments and strategy projects to help clients including large, complex hospitality companies become and maintain PCI compliance.
- Organized all Global labs to a common methodology and approach. Developed Protiviti’s penetration testing qualification and certification processes. Performs QA on numerous Penetration tests and technical assessments.
- Developed and overseen Protiviti’s PCI ASV processes for over 10 years. Implemented a number of security solutions including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, VPN’s, vulnerability scanning tools, and systems hardening programs.
Areas of Expertise
- Information Security
- IT Audit
- Forensics & Incident Response
- Financial Services
- Master of Business Administration; Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Bachelor of Science (mathematics and computer sciences); United States Coast Guard Academy
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)