Nick is a Managing Director in the Chicago office who leads the Business Performance Improvement ("BPI") solution in Chicago and the Central Region. He has over 22 years of experience leading Finance Transformations, including: public company transitions, finance process improvement, financial accounting transitions (ASC 606 & 842), reconciliation and restatement projects, shared service centralization, financial process re-engineering, financial application implementation.
- Public Company Readiness: Led numerous public company readiness engagements helping clients successfully transition to a publicly traded company. This includes traditional IPOs, reverse mergers, SPAC acquisitions and carveouts. We have supported clients assess their readiness and establish the required infrastructure, processes, internal controls, technology.
- Shared Service Centralization: Led multiple centralization efforts for clients, including assessing current state activities and benchmarking against global process standards, consolidating accounting operations globally across multiple business units, lines of business and geographies, and implementing process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Accounting Transitions: Led dozens of efforts to help clients transition to new accounting standards, such as ASC 606 and ASC 842. This includes assessing the impact of the transition, performing the transition and implementing software to support ongoing accounting requirements.
- Remediation: Supported multiple clients in large-scale cleanup efforts around account reconciliations, use of accounting technology, establishing sustainable processes to prevent future recurrence of similar issues.
Areas of Expertise
- Finance & Accounting
- Public Company Transformation
- Internal Audit
- SOX Compliance
- Private Equity
- Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical
- Financial Services
- B.S., Accounting, DePaul University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Information Systems Auditor