Matt is a Managing Director in Protiviti's Information Technology Consulting group where he leads Protiviti's Global BI and Data Governance solution area. He has more than 18 years of experience in information technology, financial services and project management. He has worked in professional services for the last 15 years, focusing on data warehousing, financial and management reporting, project management and full lifecycle software development. He has also completed major projects focused on financial and management reporting, business intelligence and general management consulting.
At Protiviti, he is focused primarily on business intelligence, strategy and technology projects. He is the Global Lead for Protiviti's Information practice, covering BI, Data Governance, and Data Warehousing. His primary industries of coverage include Healthcare, CPG, Telecom, Banking and Insurance. He has worked extensively in Project Management, Information Lifecycle management and IT Strategy. In addition, he has expertise in the field of performance management and has designed key performance indicators applications for operations and finance.
Representative Engagements Include:
- Business Process Redesign project: Served as the project lead for a $1.8M business process redesign project at a large insurance client. This included documentation of actuarial workflows, reviews and redesign on forecasting and planning processes as well as reworking the financial close processes.
- Data Governance Reviews: Led several projects within financial services on specific reviews of existing Data Governance organizations with a focus toward optimization and roadmap development for the launch and maintenance of these efforts.
- Data Governance and Management: Served as the Managing Director for the implementations of Data Governance Organizations and the optimization of data management processes. The team defined and implemented the scope of governance required, the personnel and organizational structure involved (data owners, data stewards, etc.), the rollout and communication strategy needed, the data domains to be managed and the processes, policies and standards to re-engineer and optimize.
- Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC): Led an effort with a Fortune 500 company to build out a BICC. This effort involved designing and helping to implement this function across multiple business competencies and locations.
- Business Intelligence project: Served as the project lead for a $2M+ business intelligence effort for a large reinsurance client. This effort included redesigning processes to allow for financial data acquisition, processing and reporting. The end result of the project allowed for greater visibility of business results by company executives and improved efficiencies.
- HIPAA Security – Provider Side: Led a team focused on HIPAA Compliance for a large multi-hospital system in Atlanta. The project included completing and issuing a HIPAA Risk Assessment as well as making recommendations for controls involvements.
- ERP Selection / Implementation: Served as lead for an ERP selection and implementation project. This project included selection, design, and implementation of the ERP. Modules included GL, payroll, HR, AP, and projects.
- Data Acquisition / Consolidation: Led efforts for a large insurance client to examine strategies used for acquiring client and other data required for processing and consolidation of these documents into a centralized repository for processing and reporting.
- Mobile Telephone Company PMO: Served as project manager and lead for a requirements gathering and implementation project for a Fortune 100 mobile telephone company. The project involved reorganizing current state management and financial reporting for the company and aggregating this reporting into a single portal with information provided by a single source of data. Role included project management, issues tracking, requirements gathering and testing.
- Super-regional Bank Corporation Data Auditing: Served as project manager and lead architect in charge of designing a data auditing solution for a large banking system. The end solution defined the data auditing requirements for all enterprise data stores and helped to enable SOX compliance for the company.
- Software Implementation Review: Served as project manager and lead for a pre-implementation software review for Atlanta's largest health system. This review included examining initial requirements, mapping requirements to the completed software and reviewing the testing and integration prior to the software go-live. This project was conducted as a portion of an overall internal audit plan for the system.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Provider: Served as project manager and lead for a requirements gathering and system replacement project. The company is a leader in the DME space and has over 500 locations. The project was focused on reviewing the efficiency of their medical billing and inventory systems and determining possible alternative solutions.
- Large Multi-Facility Healthcare System: Project Manager and System Architect for the design and implementation of a Revenue Cycle Performance management system for a $4.6B Catholic Health organization. The completed system provides HIPAA compliant automated data feeds and analysis from 18 acute-care facilities located in seven states. Roles on the project included coordination with all key stakeholders and day-to-day management of the project.
- B.A., Economics, University of Georgia
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- MBA, Information Systems, GSU
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- IIA, ISACA, HFMA, TDWI, DAMA