Lucas is a Senior Director in Protiviti’s Machine Learning & A.I. practice within the Data Management and Advanced Analytics solution. He has 14+ years of experience in leading machine learning and artificial intelligence teams and projects in insurance, healthcare and media and entertainment industries.
Prior to joining Protiviti, Lucas was AVP/Principal Data Scientist at Zurich North America and led the Cognitive Computing team. He was also Managing Consultant at IBM Analytics and was a machine leading lead at the very first IBM Watson Implementation team, collaborating with MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Lucas is also a thought leader in advanced analytics. His publications include: book chapters in Big Data Governance: An Emerging Imperative by McPress, an award-winning paper, “Predictive Modeling for Life Insurance” at Society of Actuaries, and more.
- Led and designed cognitive computing solution to evaluate commercial property insurance exposure using cutting edge computer vision algorithm and technology
- Led and designed intelligent data pipeline to feed the cognitive computing solution (Commercial Property Insurance) with better and relevant data to improve accuracy of risk assessment over time
- Led and designed machine learning component within IBM Watson Leukemia Advisor for Leukemia Patient Prognosis and Survival Time estimation
- Led and designed multiple chronic diseases readmission analytics solution for major healthcare organizations to predict 30-day readmission in order to minimize financial impact due to early readmission
- Led and designed large scale personal automobile insurance acquisition analytics solution to maximize the chance of conversion and potential profit for one of the largest personal auto insurer
- Led and designed box office opening forecast model for major Hollywood studios that helped digital marketing departments to optimize marketing budget in each promotion campaign
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Financial Services- Insurance
- Health Care
- Media and Entertainment
- M.A. Statistics, Columbia University
- B.A., Economics, SUNY at Buffalo