John F Weber
John has had over 20 years of operations experience across the entire Supply Chain in a wide range of industries. He has experience with companies of all sizes from $10m to $70b in the United States and Europe. John has had success in both developing operations strategies and a hands-on implementation. John has broad functional experience spanning merger integration to complete outsourcing of manufacturing and back-office operations.
- Global Airline Company – Developed inventory management polices and procedures for newly merged $40 billion global airline company. Assessed all inventory procedures from combined operations and developed new policies and procedures for combined operations. Developed new management and operations organizations to support new inventory procedures and control. Worked with client external auditors to ensure SOX compliance and financial reporting needs. Ensured new processes could meet and exceed FAA reporting and compliance standards. Developed inventory levels, metrics and KPIs to reduce and decrease and manage overall inventory holding while increasing inventory distribution fulfillment rates.
- Global Aircraft Parts Manufacturer – Identified $25 million in inventory savings through improvements in Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning improvements, reduction of excess/obsolete inventory and process improvements in procurement, receiving and WIP. Developed revised policies for inventory management with new procedures and RACI. Developed new reporting and dashboard for increased visibility and decision making. Provided recommendations on tools & technology enhancements.
- Global Drilling Contractor - Analyzed existing Procure-to-Pay process for global offshore drilling contractor. Identified opportunities for improvement in Requisition, PO, Receiving, Payment, Tax, Contracting and Sourcing. Developed comprehensive business case for implementation and implementation plans. Implemented process improvements, designed Future-State Procurement Organization and developed business requirements for future technology enhancements. Selected software to support Future State Procurement and Contracting. Identified $40 million in spend reduction opportunities through Strategic Sourcing events.
- Global Telecommunications Provider - Designed and implemented Global Enterprise Procurement Organization for $1 billion telecommunications provider. Developed all Procurement Polices & Procedures, reengineering current processes to remove non-value-added activities and add controls, where necessary. Created Center-Led Procurement Organization with Roles, Responsibilities, Job Descriptions and Governance model. Implemented Strategic Sourcing and trained all employees on procurement best practices. Redesigned procurement processes to eliminate non-value-added activities. Identified over $10 million in annual spend reduction.
- National Automobile Dealer – Implemented National Distribution network for nationwide distribution of auto parts for US Automobile retailer. Selected foreign and domestic suppliers for products, negotiated prices and contracted for $50 million annual spend. Created and implemented import department to process product through US Customs. Selected 4PL provider with multiple locations to warehouse and distribute all domestic and foreign product. Established customer distribution network for sales to nationwide collision centers and stores. Established end-to-end processes and developed business & technology requirements and use-case scenarios. Developed training materials and completed training for operations, sales and customer service.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Sourcing
- Procurement Transformation
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Sales & Operations Planning
- Supplier Risk
- Contract Life Cycle Management
- Process Improvement
- Agricultural Products
- Consumer Products & Services
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
- Oil & Gas
- Technology, Media & Communications
- Transportation, Warehousing & Logistics
- MBA, Northwestern University.
- BA, Economics and Political Science, University of Illinois